turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Be a responsible consumer and Mississippi

Started by arkrem870, March 09, 2024, 10:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I like the reciprocity concept. But I think penalizing the OOS hunters on both ends is over the top. .I can see giving residents the first week, or upping the price of the tags for NR hunters. Both seems punitive, not proactive. My state has the same seasons and limits for every hunter. Youth weekend is the same for residents and non residents as well. The NR license is more expensive as it is and should be. We will never get 49 states to follow the same rules, not a chance. But the basic ideas should be similar. Protect the resource is and always should be #1. Economics play into it and should be a part of the equation. Fair chase and similar odds for all hunters. Fair doesnt always mean equal.  :z-twocents: Z

Coldbeer

Quote from: silent tom on March 11, 2024, 03:04:57 AM
Quote from: Howie g on March 10, 2024, 09:01:00 PM
The price didn't detour any out of staters in my region of ms public on the youth hunt .
Several Arkansas tags invaded my favorite area .
You guys do a dang good job in the assistance of ruining our duck hunting WMA's.

Now imagine if Mississippi cut its duck season down to 2 weeks.

J-Shaped

The stamp cost doesn't bother me, especially given the funds are earmarked for turkeys. I've bought an OOS license in MS off and on for years, along with numerous other states.

What stings, and I'm not knocking them for doing it, is living 10 min from the state line and not being able to hunt places I've hunted for 30 years because I didn't draw the public land permit.

Throw in my home state pushing season back to April 15th and I've lost a month of opportunity.

Y'all keep clicking that LIKE and SUBSCRIBE button.......

ruination

So when's the last time your guys states added hunting land?  Just out of curiosity.

If your going to take in a couple hundred thousand dollars on OOS license fees you better invest it in land.
.410 Favors the Bold

runngun

Quote from: joey46 on March 10, 2024, 06:26:05 PM
Obviously time for total reciprocity.  If my state's residents can't hunt your state's public nationally owned land with your residents during a part of the season then your residents can't hunt my state's public nationally owned land for an equal time period.  I guess the Big Cypress and the Ocala National Forest will be the place for the Florida resident to be in the early season while chasing the Osceola.  No pesky MS or others from a few nearby states will be there.  Of course if your state doesn't discriminate enjoy the freedom of being an American with equal access to Florida's, and the nations',  public land.  For some reason the word "hypocrites" keeps popping up in my mind.   
He's right you know.......

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Howie g

Quote from: ruination on March 11, 2024, 09:59:40 PM
So when's the last time your guys states added hunting land?  Just out of curiosity.

If your going to take in a couple hundred thousand dollars on OOS license fees you better invest it in land.
A couple hundred thousand ?  More like a couple mil a year

ruination

Quote from: Howie g on March 11, 2024, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: ruination on March 11, 2024, 09:59:40 PM

A couple hundred thousand ?  More like a couple mil a year
Have no idea how many oos hunters travel through for turkey.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

.410 Favors the Bold

Paulmyr

Pretty sure non residents are limited to somewhere around 12,000 in the draw so 12,000 x 500? For the 1st 2 weeks.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

slave601

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 09, 2024, 12:08:58 PM
The YEAR of Covid, changed everything about turkey hunting... IMO
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WITH THIS ONE!!!
"thinnin the flock"

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 11, 2024, 10:28:59 PM
Pretty sure non residents are limited to somewhere around 12,000 in the draw so 12,000 x 500? For the 1st 2 weeks.
Way off. There are 1,100 NR open public lands endorsements issued.

Paulmyr

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 11, 2024, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on March 11, 2024, 10:28:59 PM
Way off. There are 1,100 NR open public lands endorsements issued.

Is that it? I thought I remembered Adam Butler stating more. Hard to believe with all the ark plates i seen last year. Maybe I got my zeros mixed up.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Some on here are well misinformed. I haven't drawn public in 6 years. There are plenty of Arkansas tags around here and 1 North Carolina. This state is concerned about money, nothing else.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Howie g

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 17, 2024, 02:57:12 PM
Some on here are well misinformed. I haven't drawn public in 6 years. There are plenty of Arkansas tags around here and 1 North Carolina. This state is concerned about money, nothing else.
100 % true ,,,,

arkrem870

If they are just concerned about money.....why do non residents have to draw?  Seems like they'd take everyone's money to come hunt.

joey46

Reciprocity reciprocity reciprocity for any state that pulls this stunt on a non-resident.  Don't want to see a MS license tag in Big Cypress or any Florida National Forest the first two weeks of next year's turkey season.  Stay home or be a hypocrite.  Let's see how this works out.