News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rangefinder ? Binocular Chest Harnesses Pack

Started by Greg Massey, March 06, 2024, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesterfield

WVhuntEER

I don't know what I'd do without my rangefinder and Binoculars but I hunt a lot of open areas that I can scan fields etc. it's difficult to judge distances in some open areas. It looks much closer than it really is. I don't go in the woods without mine. I also use the Alaska Guide Creations Bino harness. It's great.

mcw3734

I always carry my vortex rangefinder, both for confirming distances and for magnification if needed in a pinch. Is it as good as my Steiner binoculars? Of course not, but it's good enough for a quick conformation peek and I love not having to wear the chest pack. I hunt mostly thick-ish cover.

I have considered upgrading my rangefinder for better quality optic and magnification.

I do scout with binos in an Alaskan Guide Creations Classic chest pack.

tracker#1

Always carry Vortex 10x32 with 1300 range finder in the new Cabelas Instinct Bino/Range finder case. It's almost half the price of the badlands and functions just as well.

Wigsplitter

Rangefinder yes - binoculars in the woods no - field situations yes

Number17

I don't see the need for a rangefinder while hunting with shotgun. I have that 40 yard range ingrained in my head and I'm pretty good at finding that distance from being a bow hunter. Even if I grossly misjudged that distance by 20 yards, that bird is still going to die. That's just a fact.
Binos I carry all the time no matter how thick or open the terrain is. I've used binos to glass a group of toms that were within 15 yards of me in super heavy cover to see which one had the spurs I was looking for. I glass for spurs all the time. I passed up 3 2year olds last season one morning and killed one with a set of 1 3/8" hooks later in the day. He was in another group of 3 gobblers and they all had monster hooks.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Yelpster

nikon 10x42 monarchs
nikon ranger finder
marsupial gear bino pack with the range finder in its own case strapped to the bottom of chest pack

Sixes

Rangefinder: no, unless I'm hunting an area with a lot of open fields
Binoc: FHF chest harness. It has a rangefinder pouch attachment

I used to use a Rick Young harness, very lightweight, but the binocs just hang there with no protection and fall forward when bending over.

Gooserbat

I've ditched the vest and carry a Bino harness (Alaska Guide Creation Denali) and use a Glenda Green butt cushion.  I do carry binoculars like a preacher carries a Bible.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tlewis81

the new cabelas chest rig actually has a pocket made for the rangefinder as well as box call pot call....and numerous accessories pockets....but prolly wont carry it anyways....i like the binos for turkeys....dont really need the rangefinder for mountain turkeys though

Hill

I pretty much always have a rangefinder in my vest or bag. If I'm not doing a ton of walking or hunting a lot of open areas or fields I'll bring binos but not if I am hunting in the woods. My binos are on a long strap and I just loop them over my head and have them hanging under my left side arm.

brennan

I like a rangefinder so I have a definite range I know I can kill. A chest harness is a must for carrying binos and rangefinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grayfox

IdahoMountainGobble

Kuiu PRO bino harness with pack attachment and rangefinder pouch.
Leupold BX-3 8x42 binos.
Leupold RX 1000 rangefinder.
Harness carries those and mouth calls.
Pack attachment holds a 3L hydration bladder, slates, box call, food, and rain gear.
I hunt the big mountains for turkeys so it's nice to glass open hillsides far away.
Bear season also coincides with turkey season here so my buddy carries a bear tag and rifle.

Old Swamper