OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you shoot if you didn't call him in?

Started by mcw3734, March 03, 2024, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

joey46

Very glad I hit a nerve with so many.   Every year the elitist on this forum rear their heads   Happened sooner than a typical season.  AGAIN - no age, no state, no contact info - your comments ignored and worthless. 

Yoder409

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 03, 2024, 07:19:41 PM
Is cabin fever season is over?  , lol

You'd think it SHOULD be........... right ??    :goofball:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: joey46 on March 03, 2024, 07:20:49 PM
Very glad I hit a nerve with so many.   Every year the elitist on this forum rear their heads   Happened sooner than a typical season.  AGAIN - no age, no state, no contact info - your comments ignored and worthless.

Thank you for calling me an elitist, no one's ever done that before!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: joey46 on March 03, 2024, 07:20:49 PM
  AGAIN - no age, no state, no contact info - your comments ignored and worthless.

You have my cell #    So , I trust your referring to someone else.    :icon_thumright:

Good luck this spring !!!   Hunt safely !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

joey46

Thanks - I'll be stalking a few this Friday   lol

eddie234

Yes, there's more to turkey hunting than just calling

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dah

I often have heard cant kill them sitting on the couch . That one I believe . but cant kill them if you don't call them , cant buy that one . To many scenarios to hunt by one method. Learned woodman ship before learned to call , more proud of that . Sorry but no stalking is a head scratcher , does that mean you cant close , maybe purr and close . I love to hunt , not be chained down , and I am not about the  kill , just about what I have learned in what is starting to be a long life.

Clif Owen

Yes, I would shoot. I guess I'm a total reject because I shot one once that my buddy called in.
Another morning; I slipped in really early because I had heard one fly up the evening before. When he gobbled on the roost; I near abouts had a stroke because he was so close. I was scared to even try to call..he was THAT close. When he pitched down; he was about 20 steps away and the rest is history.

WV Flopper

It's your tag, burn it how you wish. Don't ask for validation, if it's legal, if it is within your moral compass, your principals, don't worry about others opinions.

We all know what opinions smell like.

Dtrkyman

Pennsylvania, still can't hunt on Sunday their either I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO_HUNTER

No! And not for some righteous, elitist reason. I had one within shooting range last year that came in silent, surprising the crap out of me. He slipped right in all silent like, heck, most of the gobblers here have learned sign language and are hard to find... but I just didn't feel it. I don't think it was moral high ground or any of that junk, it just didn't get my nerves going like working one in. So... maybe I'm just a broken turkey hunter... who knows.

cwhitfield96

As long as someone is following the laws of their state they can shoot turkeys however they want and I don't see why anyone else should or would care. In my opinion it's hunting and the purpose is to harvest the game while some methods are certainly more rewarding than others, again in my opinion. I think if you get the opportunity to kill a turkey, duck, deer or any other animal in ethical range while walking through the woods or sitting still you have demonstrated woodman skills. Every animal I have ever hunted is pretty dang good at avoiding humans and being killed, after all 365 days a year that is their main job.

Zobo

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 03, 2024, 07:54:40 PM
Pennsylvania, still can't hunt on Sunday their either I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in my state thank God!
Im not from Pennsylvania but they are the role model for all other states as far as I'm concerned.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

3bailey3

Very well said CW. I have always thought that as long as his feet were on the ground we good!