OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone try the Hevi-Shot Choke tubes yet?

Started by Mike Honcho, July 12, 2011, 06:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

I'm asking about the ones sold by Environ-Metal. Just curious if anyone has any pattern experience with them yet.

mossy835

Clark did comment on them here on this site. I have heard they are great, believe they are made by Carlson Chokes where I bought mine. If so nothing to shy away from quality product.

savduck

I seem to recall a few post on here about them. I recall one where it was a pretty decent pattern.
Georgia Boy

honker22

I have one for an 870 but don't use it anymore since I switched to TSS.  It patterned pretty good.  I think 3" Hevi 6s were in the 140-150 range, and the 7s were close to 200.  I shoot a 21" barrel, so it's tough to get great patterns with OTC ammo
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Deputy 14

I shoot one out of my 870 with mag blends and it does well. However, they are picky about what load they like so you'll prob have to play with it some.

Todd1700

I have one and here is the pattern it throws at forty yards with Hevi 13, 3 1/2 inch 7's.

gobbler74

I tried one in a 21" 1187 with 3" 2oz 7's and 6's...Shot very well, The rem 12 versions are .662 
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Todd1700 on July 14, 2011, 09:45:15 AM
I have one and here is the pattern it throws at forty yards with Hevi 13, 3 1/2 inch 7's.

What gun??

Todd1700

beagler

My dad is shooting one in his Beretta Xtrema II with good results.
Never Misses

WyoHunter

My Beretta 391 20 ga. is also getting good results.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Gobblestopper

As I recall my buddy's Winchester Super X2 patterned a 209 with Hevi13, 3.5" #5's.  I think it's 26" inch barrel?

goblr77

allaboutshooting

I apologize for my late reply to this post. I've tried all the models of the 12 gauge Hevi-13 turkey chokes. They are a good, well made product, made from 17-4 PH stainless, reasonably priced and they produce excellent patterns with Hevi-13 shotshells, both in #6 and #7 shot.

Mike Sorensen used one of the Hevi-13 chokes last year at the still target shoot championships and was in the final 4 in the Hunter Class. His 10" patterns were outstanding and he also won his share of the squads, putting as many #6 pellets in the 3" circle as anyone.

The 10" patterns were what really caused me to look into these chokes. I'm really looking for good 10" and 20" hunting patterns in turkey chokes, as most of us are. The design of these chokes is solid, well thought-out and strong.

Everyone I've spoken with has been very pleased with these chokes.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ElkTurkMan

I have one on my 870.  I'm shooting 3" hevi 13 #6, and I got 181 in a ten inch cirlce at 40.  More than plenty for me.