OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Chief Upland Flydown Turkey Vest

Started by Johnhunter21, February 26, 2024, 09:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnhunter21

Just curious if anyone purchased one of these new Chief Upland Flydown turkey vest at the convention? Or if anyone was able to see them in person and could give any positives or negative reviews?

https://chiefupland.com/collections/vest-system/products/flydown-turkey-vest-all-in-bundle-mossy-oak-bottomland

BMAC_Turkeys

Bundle Includes 1 of Everything:

Flydown Turkey Vest (Choose size)
Modular Flip-Down Turkey Seat
Pot Call Pouch
Utility-Box Call Pouch
Quick Grab Ammo Pouch
Waterproof Ammo Box
Diaphragm Call Pouch
Waterproof Electronics Pouch
Water Bottle Pouch

Waterproof ammo box?  Yeah cause i carry a box of shells when hunting esp when there is already a quick grab ammo pouch. Guess shells cant go in vest pockets or your pants pockets. Guess you need an "electronics pouch" now too.  Seems like guys are making vests like tactical vests.  Where they are able to sell accessories to deck em out.

Turkey hunting aint this hard and doesnt need to be cool.

Bottomland

Goblen

Quote from: Bottomland on February 28, 2024, 08:20:03 AM
Is it made in the USA?

I don't think there is a turkey vest made in the usa. Even the fabric from the custom made stuff sawn together here is likely made overseas. 

Dtrkyman

If it's sewn here it is made here, Final rise and Tethrd are the only two I can think of?

FHF chest pack would be also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kytomgetter

"Turkey hunting aint this hard and doesnt need to be cool."
Exactly!!! these companies don't have a clue about hunting just trying to make the mint on these crazy prices.

Acvoorhees1989

I purchased one in Nashville. I agree turkey hunting doesn't have to be cool. I have hunted the same super elite vest for 18 year and always said I'd never replace it because it is a solid and well built vest. I went by the chief booth three times to check out their vest and ended up ordering one. From what I noticed, it is the most well built vest on the market im after looking at several. The option to add or remove pouches to what best suits you is an awesome design.You could tell Jake put a lot of thought into designing them. Another thing that caught my eye ithat it can also double as an upland/small game vest. If asked I'd more than likely give this vest a 9/10. Only reason I wouldn't give 10/10 is I wish it had bigger pockets built into inside of the vest!!

Zobo

What does "have to be cool" have to do with it? It's a product for turkey hunters. I saw it in Nash and I thought it was pretty coolfor the right person who wants to customize their vest. Ive been doing that for 20 years, but I'm good at sewing.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Johnhunter21

Congrats on the purchase. Did you order the complete turkey package? That seems like the best deal, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't overkill with too many pouches. I am like you and have had a vest 10+ years but unfortunately it is time to replace it. Some people enjoy getting a new one every other year but I want to invest in something that will hold up and I will be happy with for another 10+ years. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

runngun

Quote from: Acvoorhees1989 on March 03, 2024, 07:08:28 PM
I purchased one in Nashville. I agree turkey hunting doesn't have to be cool. I have hunted the same super elite vest for 18 year and always said I'd never replace it because it is a solid and well built vest. I went by the chief booth three times to check out their vest and ended up ordering one. From what I noticed, it is the most well built vest on the market im after looking at several. The option to add or remove pouches to what best suits you is an awesome design.You could tell Jake put a lot of thought into designing them. Another thing that caught my eye ithat it can also double as an upland/small game vest. If asked I'd more than likely give this vest a 9/10. Only reason I wouldn't give 10/10 is I wish it had bigger pockets built into inside of the vest!!
How long did they say the wait would be?  Seriously thinking about ordering one.  I was thinking about the M2, but I watched 2 YouTube videos (OOPS) and both guys doing unboxing appeared to have turkey hunted a day in their lives.  I got wore out hearing "box thingy" mouth thing, and I never thought that he was ever going to get striker out.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Flydown

Just my  :z-twocents: you can carry a lot more for less.  But 2 each his own. Good luck this season!

Acvoorhees1989

Originally I just ordered the starter bundle which came with the ammo pouch, waterproof ammo pouch and the electronic pouch I believe. But after looking more online once I got back home from Nashville I called him and changed the order to the All-in bundle which comes with every attachment. He was super nice and went ahead and discounted everything with the show special he was offering at the show. He also told me they would ship around March 15. Ive tried on a lot of different vest over the years and this one definitely takes the cake. Super lightweight and definitely built with the hunter in mind. I'd recommend getting you one for sure

runngun

Thanks for sharing this!!! I really appreciate your input. Closest thing I have seen to "almost perfect".
Have a good one and May God bless!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bingoman

Quote from: Acvoorhees1989 on March 05, 2024, 08:31:04 PM
Originally I just ordered the starter bundle which came with the ammo pouch, waterproof ammo pouch and the electronic pouch I believe. But after looking more online once I got back home from Nashville I called him and changed the order to the All-in bundle which comes with every attachment. He was super nice and went ahead and discounted everything with the show special he was offering at the show. He also told me they would ship around March 15. Ive tried on a lot of different vest over the years and this one definitely takes the cake. Super lightweight and definitely built with the hunter in mind. I'd recommend getting you one for sure
Any idea on if the electronics pouch would be a good fit for 4 or s strikers on the inside?

Marc

Quote from: BMAC_Turkeys on February 26, 2024, 09:34:39 PM
Turkey hunting aint this hard and doesnt need to be cool.

Well...  Part of the fun of turkey hunting is getting the toys that go with it...

Looks like a good vest...  Were the price point a bit more friendly, I would likley look into this one.

As far as the ammo pack, something I would leave at home for turkey hunting, but likely keep in the waterfowling pack....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.