OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hearing problems…

Started by jrgrimmy, February 26, 2024, 09:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I have it also! Its good incentive to bring young kids with you hunting! Otherwise its a surprise which direction they come in.. ;D

Cut N Run

What?!?

J/K...I have had issues hearing high pitches most of my life.  So bad that it kept me out of the service.  Too much loud rock & roll and shooting without hearing protection. I never hear the alarm on my watch going off.  Though, I have excellent perception of low frequencies.  I hear diesel engines farther off than everyone around me.  I also hear turkeys drumming before others do.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

762hunter

I got it too.

I never wore hearing protection when younger but do now.

I gone through a couple pairs of the Walkers game ears, some cheaper stuff, and now like the Axil as mentioned above the best.

Heard about the Tetra's and was interested in though but saw the price tag.
I still may order a pair and have reached out to them on some direction.

I recently went to a ENT here and was told that I do have permanent hearing loss but do not need hearing aids.
24% In my Rt ear
31% in my Lt ear

Was looking for the custom molded one but fell out when I saw the $2500-$2800 price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boykin Hollow

I just saw this last week on our local news station,  probably expensive but the best tool out there for ringing in the ears.

https://www.lenire.com/

jrgrimmy

Thanks for all the advise! I'll be checking out some hearing/ safety device this spring. I know my hearing has slipped, my 10 year old son kept hearing birds last year that I had to walk another 100 yards to hear. It's been super frustrating trying to hear them over the roar of the tinnitus.