RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Kytomgetter on February 25, 2024, 09:13:42 PM
I bet the mailman was delivering a choke and ammo

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

deerhunt1988

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Sanders153 on February 25, 2024, 09:20:07 PM
Lol, I wonder if that was a tame Tom or was somebody nearby's pet
Definitely not wild. It wasn't scared of people at all.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

deerhunt1988

Very well could be wild. If you've hunted urban areas in the northeast, you'd understand.

GobbleNut

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 25, 2024, 09:29:51 PM
Very well could be wild. If you've hunted urban areas in the northeast, you'd understand.

Not only could it "very well be wild", I would bet an important appendage or two that it is a wild gobbler.   :D  There are numerous videos of similar encounters in urban areas.  Wild turkeys are very capable of adjusting to people in places where they are not hunted and gobblers can apparently become very aggressive when they make the connection that humans are not a danger to them in those settings.

My son lived in Detroit for a while and he would sometimes send me pictures of a gobbler that hung out in the parking lot of a fast-food place.  I'm sure some folks had some interesting encounters with that bird at times...   ;D

Greg Massey

That gobbler is mad because the USPS keeps losing its packages...  :TooFunny:

Tom007

Unreal. You blink in the woods, he's gone. I think the mailman was delivering an "Old Gobbler" push pin, and the turkey wanted to hi-jack it.......
"Solo hunter"

Badger

That was darn funny.  I hope EZ doesn't watch this because he will be thinking mailman dropped his package in snow after being attached by gobbler.

JeffC

Thanks for sharing, I guess I have to change my camo pattern, anyone know where i can get a postal uniform??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Paulmyr

We had postman nearby lose his job because he clubbed a gobbler to death that had me tormenting him for months!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.