turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF callmakers auction crash!

Started by turkey stew, February 24, 2024, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Typical NWTF! They do'nt have a server that can handle their call auction. They should go back to inperson silent auction!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

sbbow

It was ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverBuck

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with all the current high bids and time expiring on their auctions.

turkey stew

They just were'nt prepared for the volume of online bidders today. They should have known the number of online bidders because of bid numbers.They fixed the problem before a major crash and added time to the auctions but still frustrating. Hopefully they learned something from it.

bowbird87

I was high bidder on Scott Witter box as it crashed for the third time. I constantly refreshed when it popped up it had ended. Frustrating!

310 gauge

I managed to snag a couple before the crash. Had my mind on a couple more but when things keep going down the tubes I decided to leave well enough alone.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

hpo

Shoot'em in the Face!

turkey stew

I purchased one before the shutdown. Was finally able to log in about 30 minutes later. Found the other 2 calls on my list and was lucky to purchase but it was'nt a pleasurable experience. I'm sure the furious bidding in the pot call categories caused the shutdown.

Greg Massey

From what i understand the server was only capable of handling 600 online at the same time and it was causing the system to crash... A lot of money was lost by the call builders and NWTF...  SHAME ... IMO

RiverBuck

Hopefully another million in donations can help the future of server issues for generations to come.

eggshell

Wasn't a third party vendor handling the auction? Just don't hire them again.

If I understood correctly the people running the auction are the ones that are shipping my calls I won. I hope they don't mess that up.

Zobo

Quote from: eggshell  on February 25, 2024, 11:32:53 AM
Wasn't a third party vendor handling the auction? Just don't hire them again.

If I understood correctly the people running the auction are the ones that are shipping my calls I won. I hope they don't mess that up.

I wouldn't worry, between them and the USPS I'm sure you'll be just fine. :icon_thumright:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

eggshell

thanks for the huge encouragement Zobo.... :TooFunny: :funnyturkey:

Sometimes I doubt the USPS could find a pea in a pea pod. or a turd in a septic tank.