turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Tote

Started by Swamp_870, February 21, 2024, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burtwill

i asked the same thing and got mine the other day. i like it. hope it gets used.

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 21, 2024, 10:28:24 AM
Yes, I keep one in my satchel, I ask Glenda Green to make me a simple one the other day from the same material she makes the gun slings from and I wanted it light weight and were you could roll it up etc..   The shoulder part is Bottomland material with nylon loops coming off each end of the tote ..

Swamp_870

I was on the fence about it but I guess I'll be adding one to my vest this year.

Any recommendations?

I definitely want a leather one that I can add notches to like my old college belt that doesn't fit anymore haha

msm210

I have a minimalist set-up and only use a
tote to haul em out.  Love it and highly recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Went years without one, bought one with an orange rubber shoulder pad, it's great and I always have it in my vest!

Real Avid turkey sling

Old Swamper

3.5ft piece of 1in. mule tape, and I can tote one out 6 ways from Sunday. Scrunches up in vest or pocket like it is not even there.

mudhen

Been using my homemade tote for a long time...leather cord through a section of deer antler...

Have a couple of paracord totes that I also use...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

ruination

Carrying one out by the spurs and carrying one out by strap is a night and day difference, imo.

I just use the one on the sitka vest super minimalistic.
.410 Favors the Bold

rbreedi1

I make and sell them to a ton of people each spring.. they make a huge difference! You can check them out on my Facebook page: Thunder Ridge Totes www.facebook.com/thunderridgetotes
Thunder Ridge Totes

briton

I just tuck them in the vest if I've got a hike, if it's a closer walk I just tote them the old fashioned way. I have two different totes and hardly ever used them. I think totes are more of a fashion piece than anything but then again I have always had a vest with a big enough pouch that they ride nice and comfy back to the truck.

Tom007

A good turkey tote is a must once you've tried one, you'll always have it with you!
"Solo hunter"

squidd

Made a few and they are worth it!!!

Sixes

Keep a homemade paracord one in my vest.

cwhitfield96

I make them out of paracord. They are nice to use and always keep one in the vest.

cwhitfield96

Notsoyoungturk

Always have one in my satchel.  Never know when you will have a long hike with one.  The tote makes it night and day easier.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear