OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Due to scammers ....

Started by Old Gobbler, February 17, 2024, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

(Egg) Members....that is members with zero posts , cannot view the classifieds areas ....

Scammers most of the time have a  zero post count , or 1 or 2 posts

The reason being ...the scammers look at the conversations going on openly and start sending messages to the interested buyers and try to trick our valued members out of $$

We had a scammer (zero post member ) dupe a member out of $350 for a Vest.... pretending to be the person with the add....these scammers are everywhere !!

No friends and family PayPal is allowed here ...only regular paypal guys ...paypal charges a fee for both ...and only regular paypal has protection in case it's a scam
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bbcoach

EVERYONE needs to read this and HEED what Shannon is saying and doing for us.  Some of you may just gaff it off and say that won't happen to me well that is on YOU!  People there are scammers out there praying on each of us everyday.  Please follow the rules set forth and don't take offense when you get called on them.  Shannon is seeing this DAILY and is doing his LEVEL best to PROTECT EVERYONE!

3bailey3

Can add a tip here if you are still mailing checks for any type of payments stop now and go to online bill paying! Last week I mailed a check across town for $80.24 for my local pest service and someone at post office got the check and washed it to a individuals name and and changed the amount to $1,800.24 and it was cashed out of state! I goggled the guys name on the check and he lives in the state the check was cashed and has 15 prior convictions! My bank said they would credit the amount back to my account after I filed a police report, which I have done. Guy at bank said they write off over 10 million in fraud loss a year!

Old Gobbler

350 dollars is a incredible sum of money in some of these third world countries

I just ...1 hour ago kicked off a scammer  from a Nigerian/africa pserver, ....
The member who got burned got a hold of me and I spent a ton of time trying to explain what had happened.. he had to send me screen shots of his messages to my cell and I POINTED OUT to him that he did not send funds to the ORIGINAL POSTER instead he sent funds to a zero post member pretending to be the person with the Fox Vest

and did so friends and family
Do not ....I repeat ...DO NOT ....USE FRIENDS AND FAMILY PAYPAL ...only "regular " paypal ...
I'm at the point where I am going to run a contest giveaway with prizes or a "bounty " on anyone who will turn in any member asking for friends and family , or other non guaranteed payment service

These con artists are everywhere...they are on face book marketplace selling sika gear ...fishing gear etc...

-Shannon

outdoornut

Shannon,
I ve tried to send you message. It won't let me send.Can you tell me why I can't reset password online?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

This Shhhhtuff  :character0029:

Thank you always for keeping an eye on it.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Old Gobbler

Quote from: outdoornut on February 18, 2024, 01:10:14 PM
Shannon,
I ve tried to send you message. It won't let me send.Can you tell me why I can't reset password online?

message me again and let me know the details

-Shannon

outdoornut

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 18, 2024, 01:32:20 PM
Quote from: outdoornut on February 18, 2024, 01:10:14 PM
Shannon,

message me again and let me know the details
It want let me.Can you message me and maybe I can respond to you?

runngun

Must be a issue because I also tried to send OG a message yesterday and I kept getting a error message.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Kytomgetter

Thanks Shannon this was getting out of hand. Also I might add that I wouldn't buy anything with out a picture that also is getting out of hand. Many sellers on here don't post pics

Notsoyoungturk

Thank you for the reminder.  Within the last few weeks, I had someone contact me (an egg) that wanted me to contact someone else about a patternmaster choke that I wanted.  Sad thing is that these guys could have been on the up and up, but having read your rules and horror stories, I didn't bite.  Thank you for helping to keep this site safe for the members.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Tom007

I hate to say it, but a money order delivered to the seller first might prevent the scams, again only if the seller is known on here and has a high standing with the forum members. It's a shame, but this is where we are at!
"Solo hunter"

762hunter

Thanks for looking out for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capecodmike

I recently fell victim to friends and family scam on another website.

Trusted the person.  Then got toasted for $50 for a safety harness that never arrived.

After that experience I am now jaded and no longer will do the F&F with anyone.

A few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

Dtrkyman

It's quite bad now, remember PayPal will not cover firearms related items and watch out posting want to buy adds, scammers come out of the woodwork on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk