North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Guees which GOAT just won the Elite Call Raffle at NWTF Conv. -YIPPPEEE

Started by eggshell, February 17, 2024, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

eggshell

Been anxiously awaiting my calls, so I reached out to the guy who called me. He said the 3rd party shipper that is handling the auction calls is shipping them and will be shipping them after the call auction closes tomorrow. Hopefully next week I get my hands on them.

hpo

Shoot'em in the Face!

310 gauge

Had a couple of my younger hunting buddies attend the S.E.W.E. event in Charleston S.C. the same weekend always as the Nationals. One borrowed a hundred dollars from the other, until he could get to an ATM, to buy a raffle ticket. The friend that lent the money didn't buy a ticket and laughed at the one who did. Well, Lady Luck smiled that day and our friend won the grand prize: Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U, Beretta A300 Automatic Shotgun, and a Yeti cooler. Made the ride back to N.C. pretty sweet! 

eggshell

Yipeee, the calls from the National elite call raffle just arrived. I been wondering when they would come. It turns out the USPS had them and didn't get them delivered. Our rural carrier just brought them they were in her car and she thought she should bring them after hours....duh yeah OMG. I can't keep from playing them, they are all great calls. I have never played trumpets, so I have a learning curve there as I think right now I would make a gobbler fall over laughing, but I will figure it out. I love the look of the Bent CReek wing bone (My wife has already claimed it). I especially like Ed Terefenko's box's sound, but I am telling you there are no losers in this bunch. It's not a matter of good or better, they are all absolutely great. It's more a matter of what I like to hear. Joe Slaton's owl call is the best I have ever heard outside of my own voice. I am going to donate a couple of these to the Clinton County Chapter NWTF to raise funds for their Handicapped/wounded warrior/youth hunt. My daughters each get a pick and my best two buddies each get one. So that leaves me 6 to play with.

Zobo

Im really happy for you! I can tell how psyched you are, congratulations!!!

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

3bailey3

Man those are all Amazing! what is the wood combo on Ed's caller.

eggshell

Here's the call makers:
Long Box -  Twisting CReek Calls Jeff McKamey
Box Call - Ed Terefencko (mineral Poplar & Bloodwood)
glass call -  Lonzo's Custom calls, Lou Trice
Slate Call - Tim Oldham
Trumpet - Andy Cobb #21
Trumpet - Seth Haman
Wing Bone - Bent Creek Wing Bones
Glass Call - Clay Townsend
Push Pin - MIke Lapp
Scratch Box (Small) - Scott Basehore
Scratch Box (long) - Scott Basehore
Owl Hooter - Joe Slaton

If any of you are on old gobbler Here is my thanks. I want you to know I am deeply moved winning these calls. My joy and appreciation is off the charts. They will be honored and used for good and hopefully kill a few turkeys. Outside of the ones I donate to the NWTF chapter I can assure you that they will be in the hands of people who will respect them and honor your hearts and craftsmanship. I myself have hunted Turkeys for 50 plus years and I worked a long career with Ohio DNR as a fish Hatchery manager and helped on the side with turkey projects. I ran a check station for 30 + years. My family has a 150 year history of conservation in farming, forest and wildlife management. Trust that your hard work fell into good hands.

Happy

Eggshell,
Hang on to that Lon Trice call, whatever you do. In my experience, he makes a darned good one. Congrats by the way. I am truly happy for you.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

runngun

As always eggshell, NEVER disappoints us!!! Very dadgum impressive, you always do the right thing!!! We all need a friend like eggshell.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

JeffC

Christmas in March! Glad to see they all arrived safely. Awesome that you will share your good fortune with family, friends and your local NWTF. :z-winnersmiley:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

eggshell

I guess that's not too bad for an old GOAT huh Jeff.....thanks for the compliment. Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts

randy6471

Congrats eggshell!!
It's awesome that you won and the fact that you are sharing your good fortune, plus "paying it forward" with your donations, shows that you were exactly the right person to win them.

eggshell

Maybe I'll try and put together a sound file with the calls....