Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Guees which GOAT just won the Elite Call Raffle at NWTF Conv. -YIPPPEEE

Started by eggshell, February 17, 2024, 02:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

If you decide you don't want or need any of those please let me know, several of those I would really like to have, remember I ask first!!!

eggshell

Quote from: Happy on February 17, 2024, 04:03:25 PM
A big congrats sir! Your a GOAT so it doesn't surprise me at all that you won. Of course being a GOAT also means you could call up and kill a gobbler with nothing more than a wild cherry leaf. It doesn't hurt to stack the odds though.

well Happy I have actually called in a gobbler using a leaf, don't know if it was a cherry leaf. I called one in with my voice alone, too.

I know there are call makers among us and if any of you donated any of these calls or know the call makers I want to say thank you from the depth of my soul. Please feel good that a true old turkey hunter is getting them and will treat them with the greatest of respect. I have hunted gobblers for 50 plus years in 9 states, I worked a career in Fish Management and helped in the off season on turkey trapping crews. I support conservation and have always tried to mentor new hunters, not only in how to kill a bird but to respect the animal and the great outdoors. I am no celebrity or big time spender, I'm just a common guy that appreciates his good fortune. Be assured turkeys will hear these calls.

turkey stew

Hoosier2

That's awesome! You should be pumped. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

runngun

Eggshell, congratulations on the win!!! Now enough of that crap!!! Get your butt to writing us some more stories!!! Eggshell can tell a story and it's just like sitting right beside him!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

Goblen

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tribute Custom Calls

Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

mountainhunter1

That's awesome. Congrats - happy for you. Some really nice calls in that bunch.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

GobbleNut

Good for you, Dana!  Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow.  I'm sure that batch of calls is worth a pretty penny. 
...I wonder what the odds were of winning that raffle?  I would bet it was a real longshot!  ...Congrats, my friend.

eggshell

Thanks everyone.

Crow, you asked about putting a call in as another travel call....I will consider that so the team could share in my good fortune, we'll see.

deerhunt1988

Wow, you hit the lotto for sure! Can't imagine what the odds were. Congrats!