News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

catfish bait?

Started by honker22, July 11, 2011, 01:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

Quote from: Hardcore on July 11, 2011, 09:22:45 PM
Catdaddy has the answer.................. ;)

HC

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 12, 2011, 10:03:20 AM
I heard fresh Cooter was the Cats meow.

TRKYHTR

I've been known to catch a catfish or two in my day--so here is my bait advise.

First all of all, if they are really"sho nuff" biting, you can catch a catfish on just about anything. Although I have never tried it myself, I have heard of people catching catfish on pieces of Ivory Soap.

What bait is best depends on several factors. Two of the most important factors is time of year and species you are trying to catch.  For example, if you want to catch a yellow cat A.k.a. Flathead--you have to have live bait like a pond perch, shad or goldfish.

When I am jug fishing in the summer, I have to bait a lot of hooks in a short amount of time. I use cut pieces of hotdogs soaked in my secret formula "Fresh Cooter" a trademark of Catdaddy Inc.

I have never liked to use liver myself--to messy, too hard to stay on the hook and it seems you either have way too much gobbed up on the hook or you wind up with just a bit that stays on.     

If I was fishing with a rod and reel on the bottom as you have described--the best bait by far--in my opinion----would be------night crawlers. Worm them on the hook in several places so those worm juices leak out.

Good luck on your catfishing. As hard as it seems to believe, due to all the work I have had to do on my cabin flood renovation--I have not been fishing one time this year.  The last time that happend was when I was 4 and they wouldn't let me leave the yard. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I can tell you from my personal experience that pond perch or bluegill won't work near as well as creek perch or bluegill.  That's something my dad taught me.  And I have seen it firsthand for myself.  He always said a creek perch or bluegill will just move around a lot longer and also they tend to be tougher and stay alive longer when transporting them in buckets to bait your hooks. 

LX_Trkyhntr

Lots of people use cut hotdogs soaked in cheery koolaid & garlic, or soaked in anise oil and garlic around here
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i