OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks in advance

Started by wtrbrdm, February 05, 2024, 08:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtrbrdm

Went out on a whim with a friend on the last day of fall.  I don't turkey hunt, never wanted to turkey hunt, thought it would be boring.  So....thanks in advance for a lighter wallet, for my next divorce, for upcoming long road trips chasing a dumb bird, for needing this and that, for pissing off the neighbors practicing calls, for needing new camo, for ordering fake turkeys to put into a field and for all of the other things I need like another hole in the head.  I haven't met any of you, yet I blame you already.

Heading to TX and OK for Rio and Miriam's for work / chicken chasing.....I need cheaper hobbies.

:turkey2:

Went with a Mossberg SA-20 that I stripped to cerakote this week... Installed the Mcarbo spring and will mount a Vortex Venom on it with the Monstrum mount after paint is done.  Choke is a Carlson .568 my buddy donated.  Ordered some Salt Creek TSS #9.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TrackeySauresRex

Welcome to the madness. Enjoy that search engine for it is a very informative site.
:wagon:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Zobo

Congratulations btw!  I like you, you're not smoking a cigar.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Greg Massey

Welcome, YOUR on the road to recovery ... Which is a very, very long road, the addiction is real .... Guns, Calls, snakeboots and miss match camo...

Chief Razor

Welcome! Good luck in your future endeavors. Lots of good information can be found here.

turkey stew

You are welcome to the turkey fever. There is no cure for it and you never reach the deductible for calls, equipment, and travel.

Kytomgetter

Congratulations!!!  Let the madness begin. Hope you the best

Tail Feathers

AA is for recovery.  We are all happy addicts here, don't come seeking a way out.  We are first class enablers. 

Welcome! :wagon:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Notsoyoungturk

If I can borrow a phrase from the great Tom Kelly, we do not hunt turkeys because we want to, we hunt them because we have to.  Well, that's not completely true; we love all things turkey.  Calls, guns, optics clothes, etc...

Welcome to the Big Leagues!
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 05, 2024, 09:15:35 PM
AA is for recovery.  We are all happy addicts here, don't come seeking a way out.  We are first class enablers. 

Welcome! :wagon:

:TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

joey46