News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Am I the only one ??

Started by Yoder409, February 04, 2024, 08:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Greg Massey

AMEN... Well said GobbleNut... We have this arrival of people who haven't been on the forum all year and now a couple of months before spring season they want to start labeling us who have been a part of this forum all year...  It's always fun watching the arrival of these people to the forum and having them tell us what we are all doing wrong and that we are the old majority on the forum...  So for the person who is taking a jab at me for camping out for a Fox Vest I really could care less what you think. I enjoyed every minute of the experience and would do it again camping out for the Fox Vest and if I remember correctly because i'm old, I don't remember needing to get your permission to buy the Fox Vest ....  Everyone has opinions and that's what the forum is for, for everyone to share opinions. I will hunt the way I want and I will do it in a safe and ethical way with all respect to the turkeys...

kytrkyhntr

Chill out Greg, that was just a joke. I too went and got a fox vest. I found it funny considering the goodwill camo comment. All in good fun.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Greg Massey

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 05, 2024, 10:10:27 AM
Chill out Greg, that was just a joke. I too went and got a fox vest. I found it funny considering the goodwill camo comment. All in good fun.

Hey it's all good ... I really do buy most of my camo from Goodwill....  The Fox Vest Experience was priceless ....Meet some awesome people ....

Tom007

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 05, 2024, 09:21:30 AM
A few casual observations I would proffer on matters such as these;
1) It seems every year about this time, we end up with a few threads that fall into a rabbit hole. ...Comes with the territory, I suppose.
2) When it happens, the forum and its members all get painted with the same brush.  We go for months mostly without problems, but as soon as a controversy arises, suddenly the entire site and its members are horrible people, somebody gets their snood in a knot, and condemns the whole bunch.  My suggestion to all..."lighten up Francises". 
3) As for the YouTubers (and others) who have made turkey hunting a job, whether they make a living at it or not,...have at it.  Although hunting in all its forms is a passion for me, I do not want it to become a job.  I had one and am done with that. ...And if I did try to make it a full-time endeavor, a) I am certain I would not enjoy it as much, and b) the other people in my life would most certainly not be happy with it.
4)  Yes, crowded woods and stress on the resource has become a problem.  It is not the result of one person doing his thing.  It is the result of many different factors that have been developing over the last five decades (if somebody needs a list, I sure many of us could provide you with one).  We aren't going back to the "good old days" fellers...and I may be wrong, but I don't think anybody out there is going to take us back just because some of us want to go. 
5) My sincere suggestion is to accept where we are (whether we like it or not), adapt, and learn to deal with it by adjusting your expectations and approach to it all. 
6) And finally, untie that knot in your snood...and learn to come here with a smile on your face and a good attitude...   :D :icon_thumright:

Amen my friend.....

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 05, 2024, 09:55:00 AM
AMEN... Well said GobbleNut... We have this arrival of people who haven't been on the forum all year and now a couple of months before spring season they want to start labeling us who have been a part of this forum all year...  It's always fun watching the arrival of these people to the forum and having them tell us what we are all doing wrong and that we are the old majority on the forum...  So for the person who is taking a jab at me for camping out for a Fox Vest I really could care less what you think. I enjoyed every minute of the experience and would do it again camping out for the Fox Vest and if I remember correctly because i'm old, I don't remember needing to get your permission to buy the Fox Vest ....  Everyone has opinions and that's what the forum is for, for everyone to share opinions. I will hunt the way I want and I will do it in a safe and ethical way with all respect to the turkeys...

I sure do appreciate the fact you went out of your way to pick up a vest for your friend. A priceless memory for sure!

Yoder409

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 05, 2024, 09:21:30 AM
1) It seems every year about this time, we end up with a few threads that fall into a rabbit hole. ..

Yeah................  Holy crap........

The OP was pretty much (O.K......ENTIRELY) a simple, straight-forward question.  Kinda like the drive from Minneapolis to St. Paul.  But somehow we ended up in Tijuana ??    :z-dizzy:

Yowzer.........   :help:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

idratherb

Im headed to Cosco for more popcorn...

Greg Massey

Quote from: idratherb on February 05, 2024, 03:00:01 PM
Im headed to Cosco for more popcorn...
I like the cheese flavor those already popped .... pick me up a bag ... Please

PALongspur

Quote from: g8rvet on February 04, 2024, 07:41:24 PM
We also did the same thing buying name brand camo and name brand calls so those guys can rake in big bucks and afford a massive amount. Of private land to hunt.  Been happening forever.  Just a different game now.  If you had a Fred Bear bow you paid for his trip to Africa.  If you bought Mossy Oak apparel you contributed to the empire. Real tree video?    Duck Commander merch?   Not much new just a different audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said.

Zobo

I have a few comments on this very important issue:
#1, first and foremost, never eat microwaved popcorn, it's not good for you. And Greg, come on man,  that cheese flavoring is grown in a laboratory somewhere off the New Jersey turnpike
#2, although I did buy a Fred Bear bow circa 1980, I NEVER bought the Wango Tango album, don't put that on me, you older "people" did that
#3, the popularity of Duck Dynasty put a permanent end to my water fowling days, voluntarily of course.  While i think those guys are cool, everyone trying to be them definitely made me lose my lunch once or twice.
BTW: Good post Yoder, good post
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

g8rvet

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 05, 2024, 07:16:28 AM
The reason every post on this forum is about YouTube is jealousy. Everyone of these guys would love to be a traveling turkey hunter fulltime and make their living off of it.
They ain't my posts, so you may not be talking to me - maybe you meant every post about YoutTube is jealous they can't hunt for a living. 

I make and have made a very good living doing what I do, turkey hunting is one of the things I love to do, but no way in heck I would do it for a living.  Family and my job preclude that. 

If you were talking about just the YouTube bashers, then that ain't me and never mind.  I watch some.  Never to old to learn a new trick and it is just entertainment mostly.  I watch fishing videos sometimes too. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Quote from: Zobo on February 05, 2024, 05:36:56 PM

#3, the popularity of Duck Dynasty put a permanent end to my water fowling days, voluntarily of course.  While i think those guys are cool, everyone trying to be them definitely made me lose my lunch once or twice.

I would like to hang out with them (my brother in law has hung out with Willie and says he is a good dude).  He asked me if I wanted to meet him and I just said, nah, I'm good. 

I agree the duck commander craze made me less willing to fight the high school and college kids for birds, so I mostly duck hunt my yearly trip to Canada. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Zobo

Quote from: g8rvet on February 05, 2024, 08:06:56 PM
  I watch fishing videos sometimes too.

I do too, especially if they have the women in the bikinis. Does the hunting public have women in bikinis?  In Mossy Oak Original Bottomland perhaps?  If not they should get on it.
You're welcome Mr. Owens,
please don't forget my cut

Zobo

Quote from: g8rvet on February 05, 2024, 08:09:23 PM
Quote from: Zobo on February 05, 2024, 05:36:56 PM

I would like to hang out with them (my brother in law has hung out with Willie and says he is a good dude).  He asked me if I wanted to meet him and I just said, nah, I'm good. 

I agree the duck commander craze made me less willing to fight the high school and college kids for birds, so I mostly duck hunt my yearly trip to Canada.

Oh, you should definitely hang out with them if you get the chance again. Thats got to end up being a very memorable event!