News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti calls

Started by slave601, February 02, 2024, 06:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silent tom

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 02, 2024, 04:24:49 PM
Good times.   People on social media complaining that social media is ruining turkey hunting.
A guy posting on a hunting forum who rarely does is a little bit different than the dozens of detrimental videos he puts out every year. For the world to see.   But hey, Dave got his, so that's all that matters. 

mountainhunter1

Quote from: aclawrence on February 02, 2024, 08:40:22 PM
I haven't tried one. For the cost you could probably get 2-3 calls from Buster or another maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not opinion on Dave either way and am not stirring the pot, but this is good advice, as you can get one or two from Buster, Schaffer or a few more makers out there for less money and kill just as many if not more turkeys.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Crghss

Second the Buster shout out, love the ones I have.

Or Halloran, lots of other out there.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Mountainburd

Good times.   People on social media complaining that social media is ruining turkey hunting.

I think there's a pretty clear distinction between the two. 

CALLM2U

Quote from: Mountainburd on February 03, 2024, 07:21:51 AM

I think there's a pretty clear distinction between the two.

Correct, one is a website with all things turkey, hunt strategies, choke recommendations, locator call info, call making info, info on WMAs/outfitters, even a place to link you-tube hunting videos.  Anything and everything you need to learn how to become a better turkey hunter (which admittedly is why the site is so popular and well done) 

The other is videos of guys hunting. 

I would agree there is a big distinction in which one is much more valuable to both new and old turkey hunters alike.-which is why you and many of us are here. 

Old Swamper

No thanks. The good Lord made me a turkey hunter way before the likes of Mr. Owens. He is a good caller though.

seb5315

lol folks are really mad at a guy for growing the sport of turkey hunting?  Or better yet mad at him because people are now hunting "their" public land.  Geesh I've seen it all now.

Ranger

What some don't understand is that its much deeper than a bunch of videos and promoting the sport. The truth is that Cove or Dave or whatever the fans call him has actually sold out and traded GA and ALA spots to out of state hunters, "traded" those spots to out of state hunters for his own opportunities in other states. So now places that were somewhat .moderate as far as activity have seen exponential growth in numbers, and its not a coincidence. So if you're a fan and wondering why he's made so many salty, he sold out their spots to hunt in other states. Pins for pins, its a thing, and as the super slammer group gets bigger the pins keep getting shared. And to those that know, they get to watch the fans pay for his travels now.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

RiverBuck

Did you read that on the internet or is that another youtube video ?

Ranger

Hahaha. You can talk to Dupree and some others from  North GA that used to run into him all the time in the Natl Forest. Now they just run into people he traded pins with or got it through the network of those that have. Its real partner. But of course if you buy Pinhoti gear and stickers or ambiguous made calls with his name on them you don't want to hear the truth about your hero
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

arkrem870

I saw first hand what that bunch did to Alabama.  Then they spread it around all of the country and wrecked public turkey hunting.  Loose lips sink ships. No we have non resident draws. Later start dates on public. More expensive tags. Lower limits. Etc Local hunters and long time hunters lost it so a few could make a few pennies pimping what was never theirs to begin with.

CALLM2U

Quote from: arkrem870 on February 03, 2024, 12:28:26 PM
I saw first hand what that bunch did to Alabama.  Then they spread it around all of the country and wrecked public turkey hunting.  Loose lips sink ships. No we have non resident draws. Later start dates on public. More expensive tags. Lower limits. Etc Local hunters and long time hunters lost it so a few could make a few pennies pimping what was never theirs to begin with.

So you don't like that more people are enjoying the sport that you love so much.   Got it.  :icon_thumright:

Fdept56

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 03, 2024, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: arkrem870 on February 03, 2024, 12:28:26 PM

So you don't like that more people are enjoying the sport that you love so much.   Got it.  :icon_thumright:

What is one benefit to ANYONE besides those making money from more people hunting?

runngun

The thing I do not agree with is their receiving tax dollars for pimping out Certain states/Management areas. I don't care if it's $100. Put that money into habitat, natural resources. Not in some Chumps pocket.
Invite him to YOUR place to make his videos and let's see how that works out for YOU and your neighbors.
Defend away

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

aclawrence

Quote from: runngun on February 03, 2024, 01:03:09 PM
The thing I do not agree with is their receiving tax dollars for pimping out Certain states/Management areas. I don't care if it's $100. Put that money into habitat, natural resources. Not in some Chumps pocket.
Invite him to YOUR place to make his videos and let's see how that works out for YOU and your neighbors.
Defend away

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I agree, I know this horse has been beat to death but promoting something while simultaneously decreasing the opportunity for what you're promoting is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk