turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti calls

Started by slave601, February 02, 2024, 06:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

Has anyone tried Dave Owens pot calls (Pinhoti)? Some great looking calls and I'm sure he's top notch on his work and doesn't just put out a call that doesn't sound great.
"thinnin the flock"

arkrem870

Absolutely not. And never will

slave601

"thinnin the flock"

BMAC_Turkeys

Quote from: slave601 on February 02, 2024, 06:26:47 AM
Has anyone tried Dave Owens pot calls (Pinhoti)? Some great looking calls and I'm sure he's top notch on his work and doesn't just put out a call that doesn't sound great.

Im dont think hes actually turning these calls.  Could be wrong.  Similarly, hes not making the choke tubes.

Burney Mac

Quote from: PALongspur on February 02, 2024, 08:12:32 AM
Quote from: arkrem870 on February 02, 2024, 07:08:24 AM

:popcorn:  :TooFunny:

Ya'll be sure to hit that like and subscribe button. Gas aint getting any cheaper.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

slave601

"thinnin the flock"

Ranger

I don't think the maker of those calls was ever outright identified, just whose name is signed on all of them.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Greg Massey

Just watch out for gimmicks ....  :TooFunny:

idratherb

Tom007

Looks similar to a Jimmy Shaffer pot. If it is, it's a killer call. Jim makes great pots, I think Dave used one of his early on.....
"Solo hunter"

Ranger

Quote from: Tom007 on February 02, 2024, 10:25:26 AM
Looks similar to a Jimmy Shaffer pot. If it is, it's a killer call. Jim makes great pots, I think Dave used one of his early on.....

It's not, but what a lot of people thought. 
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

WW

Quote from: slave601 on February 02, 2024, 07:17:49 AM
Quote from: arkrem870 on February 02, 2024, 07:08:24 AM
Why is that?

Because he has helped cause the influx of turkey hunters, which causes a decrease in turkey population. I'm surprised he hasn't posted a video in the woods taking a poop...he's posted everything else and now has a huge following of groupies... Grown men groupies at that.

slave601

I kinda figured that was why. I somewhat agree. The labeling of public land and such has everyone flooding public ground when it was just a few of us hunting the same blocks of land for years. Fun to watch but the fire it sparked in so many definitely hurts. I figure before long Dave would probably just do away with the videos. I do like the looks of the calls though
"thinnin the flock"

3bailey3

Lots of better choices out there!