turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DO You Remember The Cost Of your First Auto - Shotgun ? Pump

Started by Greg Massey, February 01, 2024, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

The first Automatic shotgun that I purchased was a Remington 1100 from a Hardware Store for 225 dollars out the door including Tax. I was with my 2 uncles who were buying one and they asked if I would like to have one and I said yes, yes please... I was just a youth and they loaned me the money for my first Remington 1100 and over time I paid them back the money from mowing yards and doing odd jobs for people in the neighborhood etc... I still have that old Remington 1100 and it has never failed to go bang in all these years ....

Tail Feathers

I bought an 870 Express in the mid 90's for $200 on sale at K Mart.  Never rusted, was a fine gun.  Moved to an  A-5 Stalker 3" when I found it for $400 at a gun store a few years later.  I let a friend talk me out of that gun when I shouldn't have.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

PalmettoRon

Belgium Browning A5 Sweet 16 new in the box from a store getting out of the business of selling guns. This was 1972 I believe-$150.

Tom007

1980 Remington 1100 Magnum. Herman's Sporting Goods. $214.00 on sale.....
"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

I was always a pump guy, first new gun was an Ithaca model 37 for $235. My first auto was a Browning Gold 3.5" black synthetic stock for $700. It was a great gun and I wish I still had it. Z

bowbird87

Around 1999 I was 14 got a 870 express 12 from Walmart for $250ish out the door.

captpete

I was 14 or 15 yrs. old...1975-76. Coast-To-Coast Master-Mag.....Mossberg 500. 30" fixed full choke, 3" 12 gauge. I believe it was $140. It was a duck killing machine. I still have it and occasionally take it out Pheasant hunting.

Gobbler428

it was 1963 and I was 15 years old. I mowed grass all summer for two years and ordered a Browning Auto 5 with a gold trigger and a 28 inch modified barrel. My uncle worked at a hardware store in North Carolina and he ordered it for me, It cost $150 plus tax, I still have this gun and it was hunted hard but never failed to go bang,

Yoder409

Winchester 1200 pump in 1979 for $169

Winchester 1400 semi (for pheasants over my Britts) don't recall the price.

Winchester Super X2 3.5" in 1999 or 2000 for $775
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

packmule

Notsoyoungturk

I don't remember the year but it was an 870 with the nice walnut stock for $249.  Regret the day I ever sold it.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Kytomgetter

tal

I purchased a 870 Wingmaster with a 26" IC barrel (all fixed chokes in those days) with money earned in a tobacco patch. I bought the gun and a case for $156 and change. Of all the guns I've bought, sold, and traded, I wish I had that one back.

Bruce54

Stevens 67e pump in 1979.  Mowed lawns and spent right at $85.  Still have it.  Not a great gun but will pass it down to son one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

I bought a Mossberg 9200 in Mossy Oak for 400. It wouldn't cycle 3 inch magnums. Sold it bought a Browning. Never owned another Mossberg.
Jim