turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How much ammo do you have?

Started by rempumpman, July 09, 2011, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

All of us loves to own a few shotguns but to be honest, a gun without ammo is just another billy club; I am now focused on buying more shells/ammo than ever before;

What's your inventory?
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

Rifle.handgun.shotgun,probably 1000 or so.

drenalinld

Not nearly enough. About 2,000 rounds of factory ammo and components for about that much.

Wingbone

I'm in the way to much category too I guess. I usually only stock pile pistol and rifle ammo. Probably a couple thousand rounds of each. Though I do have about three years worth of turkey loads.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

stinkpickle

I'm guessing about 400-500 shotgun shells of various types, plus 150-200 centerfire cartridges, plus some crazy amount of 22LR rounds...too many to count.

pcgobbler

Not nearly enough. Probably 300-400 rounds of shotgun shells and a couple hundred centerfire.  In addition, about 500 rounds 22LR.

Reloader

frank1969

6 cases of 250 rounds for turkey and 4 cases of steel for my 10 and 1 case of oobuck    12ga 4 cases for turk 4 cases of steel 1 oobuck 1 win supream slugs    20 ga1 case for turk 1 steel 1 slug all shels are wins  dont have a clue on how many rifle got 10000 primers ton of powder and bullets

stone road turkey calls

have been buying and saveing ammo for over 25 years, thousands of rounds. 
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

M,Yingling

Ive got more then I could ever use   ;D  :z-guntootsmiley:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

kdog

Old Gobbler

Good question:

I have enough 10 Gauge ammo to last me 20 more years of turkey hunting , and that's with shooting a good number of turkeys each year , now its not a whole lot of ammo , I am conservative with the ammo and the patterning - If a competent turkey hunter has his gun sighted in , and has a box of 10 turkey shells then that is 10 dead turkeys in my book- again , I am extra stingy , not all people are like me

All my ammo is saved in case of a political upheaval and not a fear of a change in industry adjustments -you wont hear me crying like girl or blaming someone else that there is no more good turkey ammo left , cause I shot it all up or dint buy a box or 2 -And  if I ever did kill off all my ammo , I could get by with whatever is available ,

if it comes down to it and all guns were banned someday , you would see a blowgun and tomahawk sections added to the OG forum

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mossy835

Depends on the use, hunting enough for me, self defense I am getting more just in case.

chatterbox

Not nearly enough, but my wife would tend to disagree.