turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A good website to post picture here?

Started by YoungGobbler, January 29, 2024, 07:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGobbler

From what I understand, to post pictures here, we have to host them on a website, size them and put them here... And I've read that tapatalk was the easiest way, but I've seen that you have to pay for it monthly... Not interested if that's the case...

So i'm just asking... Do you have any suggestions on a website to host photos, size them and put them here? I just don't know which one to choose!

roberthyman14

I use tapatalk and do not pay for it

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

doublespurs21

GregGwaltney

I have been using Imgur, but it is very finicky and a pain to use at times.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

Notsoyoungturk

If you have photoshop, you can just decrease the image size.  Otherwise, tapatalk.  From what I understand, you need tapatalk if you want to win any of the speed contests too.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bedge7767

Jim

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

g8rvet

Tapatalk as most of the pictures are on my phone anyways.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

3bailey3

Ole red neck here and I have found IMGUR is easy and free.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

captpete

GobbleNut

For anybody that is using a PC and having issues with pics here on OG, you might want to try imgur (it's free).   Here's the process (may appear to be too complicated from these directions, but it really is not once you have done it...if I can do it, anybody can...  ;D )
Go to imgur and set up an account and log-on. 
Follow the screen prompts to upload your pictures (you will have to have them on your PC, so you may have to upload your pics to your PC if they are on a phone, camera, or something else). 
Back to imgur now, you will go to "images" (listed under your account/screen name in the upper right hand corner), then "add images", then "browse" your pictures on your PC and follow the loading prompts (such as "drag and drop") to transfer to imgur. 
Once you have loaded your pics on imgur, you will have a "gallery" showing your photos.  Click on the photo you want to upload to OG.
That will take you to another screen showing that photo with several sharing options on the right side.  You will click the "copy" window on the "BBCode" option for "message boards and forums".
You will also need to size your photo properly, the options are at the bottom, so you will need to choose the proper size for showing in a post on OG.  (I have found that the "medium thumbnail" option seems to be the right size...not too big and not too small).
Your picture will now be ready to transfer to your post on OG.
Go to the OG thread where you want to post the pic (I always have two "windows" open on my computer, one with imgur and the other with OG to simplify the transfer process) and open your "reply" window where you want to post the pic.
Right click in the reply window, hit "paste", and your picture should load (always preview your reply to make sure the pic loaded and is an appropriate size...if it is not, go back to imgur and change the sizing option)
...Repeat as needed to load multiple pics... :icon_thumright:

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

reflexl