Main Menu

Getting Close

Started by zelmo1, January 25, 2024, 06:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 03, 2024, 10:12:55 PM
Quote from: cannonball on February 03, 2024, 08:45:13 PM
Quote from: JeffC on February 03, 2024, 10:55:25 AM
So someone went and shook the "Grummpy Tree" and woke them up!!  Sorry for being late to the party "gentleman" (last time u hear me say that here), fighting latest and greatest RSV sickness...

Roosting GOATS? If you can't beat em, join em I guess.

Rookies!

Don't you know anything? You have to learn everything about your quarry. Where he eats, where he craps, and obviously where he sleeps. This is just a training technique we use to get familiar with roost trees and how to predict where a gobbler is gonna hit the ground.

A little Woodsmanship 101!!! Get with the times boys!

I'm most definitely a rookie, I have only been hunting them for 41 years. Unlike some of the GOATS on here that are so old they hunted with the Pilgrims for the first Thanksgiving back in 1621.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

was able to set up a trail camera and capture picture of "PeePaul" getting ready to fly up to tree
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

I'm most definitely a rookie, I have only been hunting them for 41 years. Unlike some of the GOATS on here that are so old they hunted with the Pilgrims for the first Thanksgiving back in 1621.

Yup, when you consult your history books you can see that the rapid decline in wild turkeys around the early 1900's directly correlates with the rise of the GOATS.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Quote from: JeffC on February 04, 2024, 11:17:14 AM
was able to set up a trail camera and capture picture of "PeePaul" getting ready to fly up to tree

I snatched that getup from the granddaughter after Halloween. She was none to happy about it! Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

eggshell

I just figured it was your Sunday go to meetin outfit. I had a moment of repentance today, so I borrowed from the cook's prayer from the movie The Cowboys "Lord forgive me for treating the other teams with such low thoughts and smack talk, forgive for my pride and how good looking and great hunters the goats are, forgive all the team members I have insulted in the past and those I am about to".

JeffC

speaking of Sunday outfits, I found a picture of "crackedshell's"

Paulmyr

Quote from: JeffC on February 04, 2024, 06:18:19 PM
speaking of Sunday outfits, I found a picture of "crackedshell's"

It's all fun and games til it's time to get serious. Here's what you'll see when opening morn rolls around and it's time to put the game faces on.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Paulmyr

@JeffeyCeee. I wouldn't get too carried away posting pics of people in their sunday best. I caught this one of you when you heard the Goats were coming back for another season!!!!

eggshell

Yup that bag doubles as my turkey tote, custom built

zelmo1

Yoder409

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 05, 2024, 01:04:42 PM
I love you guys  :funnyturkey: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:happy0167:

ALL yinz are drunk, I think.........    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

I agree with you Yoder, either they are drunk or over medicated again, someone should call the Grumpie Home and let the nurse's know.

JeffC

I had to send out the search team to rescue "Hapless, Peepaul and Crackedshell" again...

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979