OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you reading, watching, listening to ?

Started by Zobo, January 21, 2024, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

What have you read, watched or listened to that sticks with you and you would recommend?
    I just got this Doug Camp book that I've been wanting to read for a long time. Haven't started it yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

I am not reading anything turkey related at the moment. I am reading a biography on General James Longstreet in what little spare time I can get.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Notsoyoungturk

Just finished The Education of a Turkey Hunter by Hanenkrat, Letters to my Grandsons by Proffitt, So you want to hunt turkeys by Rogers, and In the Turkey Woods by Robinson.  Currently reading Double Gobble by Dale.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

3bailey3

I just got these 3 from Andy Cantrell, went thur the first one very fast but my deer hunting has picked up but about to get stared on the second one. First one was great!

Quig

Just started reading America, Wild Turkeys and Mongrel Dogs .....its been good so far!

zelmo1

I am reading" Haunted by the Gobble" written by a member here. CtRize I believe. I am watching duck hunting strategies and setups for next season and of course turkey hunting videos. Mostly osceola hunts as I am making my first trip to Florida this year. I am listening to old 70,s rock, Ace Frehely right now and it is unbelievable. I hope this was informative, lol. Z

Badger

I read James Patterson, c. J. Box, etc. books since it is been bitter cold.  Spend as much time outside as possible. I read a lot while bow hunting keeps me in tree when things are slow.  Listened to video's from the Unicoi show.  Read my hunting magazines a little closer this time of year.

WW

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 21, 2024, 09:28:42 PM
Just finished The Education of a Turkey Hunter by Hanenkrat, Letters to my Grandsons by Proffitt, So you want to hunt turkeys by Rogers, and In the Turkey Woods by Robinson.  Currently reading Double Gobble by Dale.

I've been thinking about buying letters to my grandsons. How is it/would you recommend it?

shatcher

Quote from: Quig on January 21, 2024, 09:57:38 PM
Just started reading America, Wild Turkeys and Mongrel Dogs .....its been good so far!

Do you mind me asking where you found a copy of that?  Appreciate it.

Notsoyoungturk

Quote from: WW on January 22, 2024, 07:18:18 AM
Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 21, 2024, 09:28:42 PM

I've been thinking about buying letters to my grandsons. How is it/would you recommend it?

I enjoyed it.  I thought it was an entertaining read. I don't know that I would put it in the mandatory category like Tenth Legion but entertaining with good stories.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

3bailey3

Notdsoyoung I really enjoyed Double Gobbler, I am from Ms and knew some of the people in it, WW Dixion was a fine man and theres a story in it about a man that got shot walking out of a field with his 9 year old son, I had met this guy before and he had told me that story and as I was reading the book I realized the story was about him. Sadly his son never hunted with him again.

Notsoyoungturk

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 22, 2024, 02:14:50 PM
Notdsoyoung I really enjoyed Double Gobbler, I am from Ms and knew some of the people in it, WW Dixion was a fine man and theres a story in it about a man that got shot walking out of a field with his 9 year old son, I had met this guy before and he had told me that story and as I was reading the book I realized the story was about him. Sadly his son never hunted with him again.

Thank you for the information.  I, like you and Bobby Dale, wondered what happened after his dad's recovery.  I was hoping they could overcome it.  Such a sad story on so many levels.  Reminds us all to be careful out there.

Tomtom97

I'm listening to/ re-listening to the Turkey Hunter podcast on Spotify right now. Helps scratch the itch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

Just started the Turkey Hunting World of Ben Lee.  Hoping their will be a few pearls in this one.

Sir-diealot

Shoot Cold: Winter is my second favorite season after Spring turkey season, I am always looking how to find more to photograph in the cold.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."