OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by runngun, January 21, 2024, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

In parts of the world, I am known for making an adult beverage made out of raspberries and was named accordingly

Magdump

I have a few machine guns and even after all these years, I still LOVE doing mag dumps out of them more than anything else as far as firearms go. 

3bailey3

I joined a local forum rigth after Dale Earnhardt's crash, last name is Bailey and the 3's a small tribute to the ole man! Retired with 39 1/2 years as a UPS delivery guy! My boss said doesn't 40 years sound better and I said I am not working another Christmas season!

g8rvet

g8r = Gator (university of Florida)
vet = veterinarian

Have this name on a bunch of forums. 

Will probably never officially retire, just work less and less until one day I never go back. Been at it 35 years in May and still like my work.

By the way, the patient in the radiograph to the left did not make it. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

runngun

Quote from: g8rvet on January 21, 2024, 09:23:35 PM
g8r = Gator (university of Florida)
vet = veterinarian

Have this name on a bunch of forums. 

Will probably never officially retire, just work less and less until one day I never go back. Been at it 35 years in May and still like my work.

By the way, the patient in the radiograph to the left did not make it.
I have always saw your name and was wondering just how long you were going to make it as a "Gator Vet"!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Wigsplitter

Wigsplitter as in shooting a gobbler in the head or splitting his wig for him- 23 years in a paper mill and now in the natural gas transmission industry- bout 15 more years until retirement!!

GobbleNut

Turkey hunting for me has always been about the gobble.  I guess you could say I am a "gobble nut".   ;D
Career as a building contractor and retired ten years ago at 62. 

Turkeybutt

When I started turkey hunting many years ago I seen more Turkeybutts running or walking away from me.

zelmo1

I was a welder by trade. I worked with a rather loud gentleman that loved to give everyone a nickname.Two guys, including me, started on the same day at a steel fabrication shop. He said to me" You look like a Zelmo, and you could be his little brother" Hence the#1 being added to it. I am a project manager now. I can retire any day but am sticking to my plan of retiring on my 62nd birthday, for now. Z

Boykin Hollow

In 1978 I saw my first Boykin Spaniel and decided I had to have one.  2023 was the first year that I have been dog-less when  put our last Boykin down because of seizures. I raised several liters of boykins through the years, so I named my place Boykin Hollow.

ChesterCopperpot

First "custom" turkey call I ever had was a copper over acrylic in an osage pot from Wendell Rye. A copper pot. Chester Copperpot was the name of the local treasure hunter and dead man the kids found in the movie The Goonies.

I'm a novelist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

The name came from a bow hunting trip in KS when I had a Badger come within about 8 yrds of me.  I worked as a civilian for government for over 40 yrs and retired on a Friday and returned on Monday as a contractor for almost 7 more years.  Most of work was in the Security Field or tech and security when a contractor.  I would go with my dad to deer hunt back in the 60's when I was little and I have been hunting every since.  Did more deer hunting when younger and started hunting turkeys and deer when in my 30's.  Almost spend as much time turkey hunting as I do bow hunting the last 20 plus years. PA native.

captpete

My nick name is Pete. I was a firefighter for 20 yrs.(14 volunteer & 6 paid). My highest rank was Captain. Add the 2 together and you get CaptPete.
I retire a year ago after working for the city for 24 yrs. in several department. The last being 14 yrs. in the street department repairing roads, plowing snow etc.

Tom007

Great posts here. My wife and I love James Bond movies. We have seen them all several times. I named my boats after 007 over the years. My present boat has the name "Shaken Knot Stirred". We all know where that came from.....

Gooserbat

It was my nickname as a little kid.  Long story.  And since I named the call company Gooserbat it's twofold.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.