OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No drill sling

Started by Gman, January 17, 2024, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman

Not sure if this is the proper section to post this question but, I am looking for a shoulder sling for my 20 gauge M1 Benelli "Montefeltro" Super 90. The walnut butt stock is NOT drilled for a swivel stud & I would rather not drill it. Is there a "special type" of shoulder sling made that will work for this shotgun?

My forend/magazine tube threaded cap does not have a swivel stud either, so are those available to purchase somewhere?

Thanks!

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Gman on January 17, 2024, 05:44:50 PM
Not sure if this is the proper section to post this question but, I am looking for a shoulder sling for my 20 gauge M1 Benelli "Montefeltro" Super 90. The walnut butt stock is NOT drilled for a swivel stud & I would rather not drill it. Is there a "special type" of shoulder sling made that will work for this shotgun?

My forend/magazine tube threaded cap does not have a swivel stud either, so are those available to purchase somewhere?

Thanks!

You can get a replacement cap almost anywhere to fit that gun - just check you big shooting supply retailers.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/60114   (start here as this may be what you need). Man, these parts are getting expensive!

They also make a replacement stock that would have a stud if you wanted to slip yours off and then you could put the original stock one back on when you desired to do so and you still have the original look of your gun. 

As far as a sling - There is the EZ gun sling (can get them on Amazon), and there is the Quake Claw loop sling that works pretty well and I also liked the Total shotgun sling by outdoor connections (may be out of production). If they are still in production, you can just go to their website Outdoor Connections.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Gman

Thank You, I don't want to change out the stock so I'm going to look into the different type of slings that you listed.

Gman

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on January 17, 2024, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: Gman on January 17, 2024, 05:44:50 PM

Thanks!

You can get a replacement cap almost anywhere to fit that gun - just check you big shooting supply retailers.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/60114   (start here as this may be what you need). Man, these parts are getting expensive!

They also make a replacement stock that would have a stud if you wanted to slip yours off and then you could put the original stock one back on when you desired to do so and you still have the original look of your gun. 

As far as a sling - There is the EZ gun sling (can get them on Amazon), and there is the Quake Claw loop sling that works pretty well and I also liked the Total shotgun sling by outdoor connections (may be out of production). If they are still in production, you can just go to their website Outdoor Connections.

Goodness gracious you aren't kidding about expensive. Midwest wants $46 + shipping for the forend cap with swivel stud!

Gman

Quote from: Kytomgetter on January 17, 2024, 07:01:33 PM
https://www.amazon.com/NO-DRILL-Leather-Rifle-Sling-Universal-Fit/dp/B0B345PDZY

Thanks for the link & while I really like to support "Made in USA" companies, the only problem that I see with this leather sling is that it would block my view of the front red plastic sight tube while looking down the rib.

Kytomgetter

Gman

Quote from: Kytomgetter on January 17, 2024, 08:34:36 PM
Run it under the rib

I watched the video on Bushcrafts website & it just loops over the barrel & is pulled tight. I don't think that it's made to fit under the ventilated rib. Maybe I'm wrong about this.

Greg Massey

Several people who make stuff out of Paracord can make you slip on and off sling ... One of the members on this forum made me one like your talking about out of Paracord ... Do a search on the forum/ Paracord slings and you will find all kinds of slings ...

Gman

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 18, 2024, 09:39:39 AM
Several people who make stuff out of Paracord can make you slip on and off sling ... One of the members on this forum made me one like your talking about out of Paracord ... Do a search on the forum/ Paracord slings and you will find all kinds of slings ...

Thanks for the reply. I will search paracord slings.

Gman

I PM'ed a guy named Anobody & some other guy about getting a paracord made. Its been quite a long time that either guy has been on this forum. Do you know if Anobody has a website?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gman on January 18, 2024, 03:58:13 PM

I PM'ed a guy named Anobody & some other guy about getting a paracord made. Its been quite a long time that either guy has been on this forum. Do you know if Anobody has a website?
[/qu

Anobody
I just text him and he is no longer in the business of making anything from Paracord... He said he finally got a full time job...

Gman

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 18, 2024, 05:32:45 PM
Quote from: Gman on January 18, 2024, 03:58:13 PM

[/qu

Anobody
I just text him and he is no longer in the business of making anything from Paracord... He said he finally got a full time job...

Thanks Greg, I think that I'm just going to drill the butt stock & buy the forend cap with swivel. I only use this gun for turkey & 50 yard slug hunting for deer. It surely ain't no heirloom gun.

sswv

find yourself one of these and you'll be very satisfied.

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: sswv on January 18, 2024, 07:05:57 PM
find yourself one of these and you'll be very satisfied.
I've been looking for something like this for a year now, and have not been able to find one that isn't over $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk