turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 Gauge Gun

Started by seb5315, January 16, 2024, 03:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seb5315

Well after humping the 12 gauge and up down ridges for far too long, I'm going to put together a dedicated 20 gauge turkey gun.  Been leaning towards the SBE3, what's everyone's thoughts?

Kytomgetter

Me too. I just ordered a Winchester Sx4. Been wanting to try a 20 gauge. By some of the patterns I've been seeing they look great. I'm anxious to try it. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Tom007

Can't beat the Benelli. I have the 12 original Super Black Eagle from day one when they first came out. It truly is a great gun. I imagine the 20 has the same quality and reliability. Wouldn't trade it for anything, and yes it is extremely lightweight....
"Solo hunter"

Swampmonkey

Bought a Franchi affinity turkey in 20 last year and hunted all spring with it. I was very impressed.Rob Roberts Choke in it and leopould delta point pro on top.

OJR

I have a Weatherby Element 20ga. Indian Creek .555. It is well made and shoots great.
It is reasonably priced and I have really enjoyed it so far.

Jfowler82

Lone Star Eastern

Papaw's old H&R Pardner single shot hammer w/ modified choke. Pheasant shot. That's what I'll be carrying this year.

My brother's Sx4 12ga was nice to carry some a couple of years ago, but it was made for duck hunting and weighed too much for the ground I like to cover. A 20 ga with shorter barrel may be better though. Good gun.

I love my CZ Bobwhite sxs 20, and think it would make a fine turkey gun, but I've never patterned the tighter chokes through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briton

Stevens 301 20gT. Light simple cheap effective. No need for a repeater unless you are going to dual purpose it and wingshoot. My 2 cents

Brillo

You will love a 20 for turkey.   

squidd

Can't ever see me using anything but a 20-ga for anything and everything; SX3 and a Fabarms o/u.

3bailey3

I love my M2 but I think they have made the SBE the upgrade!

kwild835

So many awesome options right now.  I have tried a lot of them... SA-20, Affinity, SX3, SX4, and currently use an M2.  I don't see how one could be better, but there are several that are just as good.  I think if I was starting all over again for a strictly turkey 20ga I would go with the 301T and use the extra money for ammo.

Trace Larimer

Benelli M2 for me. I actually chose the compact model which has the shorter but stock. Looking through the red dot I already had to get down on the gun. Been running it 4 seasons strong! 24 inch barrel and a Indian Creek .562 and you're set!

krm944

I got a killer deal on a Mossberg SA 20 Turkey. I carried it all deer season' took 5 deer with TSS and I love the 5 1/2 pound weight and 22" barrel. I like my SA 410 Turkey, but the 26" barrel is a bit long for my liking.

Turkeybutt

I have a Franchi Affinity Elite and a Benelli M2. Never got the opportunity to hunt with the Affinity yet but I love the M2.
There are many that will get the job done but in the end it comes down to what are you comfortable with, what you can afford and what do you have the most confidence in.