turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New ol’ Tom chest pack

Started by Jordan121787, January 16, 2024, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan121787

Saw this pop up today in an ad. Looks pretty slick!  I love my marsupial gear fishing chest pack, but this one intrigues me

https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/collections/turkey-hunting-gear/products/turkey-chest-pack?variant=40486974554179

Greg Massey

davisd9

Nice looking but for down here it looks hot.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

deerhunt1988

Like the concept, not the price. Outrageous at what the hunting industry is getting for products these days.

mountainhunter1

Thanks for sharing - I saw that as well and one might could run either a single or double Yoder trumpet case in the place of a box or thermocell on one side - BUT it said on the site that the chest pack weighs FIVE pounds. How in the world can that be? I have some older pretty bulky turkey vests that I no longer use that do not weigh five pounds. That is a sweet looking rig, and I am a big fan of Ol' Tom. But if that is correct, five pounds would be a deterrent for me. 
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

btomlin

Surprised that it weights 5#.  Seems like a lot.

aclawrence

I think some of the chest packs get so big that they are not nearly as nice to carry as a light weight vest.  I do have a Hill People Gear Snubby kit bag that I use a lot. I only ever use it turkey hunting if it's rainy   I'll go bare minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Yeah I don't see how that could weigh five pounds empty.

I put one together similar to that but used Alaskan Guide gear stuff. I also have a water bladder on the back and it doesn't weigh five pounds.

Maybe they put in tactical plates...

Gobble!

Nice. I'll dig into this. I was looking at the Outdoor Vision chest vest a bit ago and last season as well.

Brillo

Love the concept.  Looks like it could be adapted to mobile deer hunting as well.  If the five pounds is real that is a deal breaker though.

Zobo

Really good info here guys. I took one look and thought, I'm getting that!
But upon further consideration you all are right...5#s!!!??? Is that correct? I have a complete ol tom vest with extra thick cushions and can practically carry everything and the kitchen sink that weighs about half that. And THEN I saw rare earth magnets... and Xed out.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

g8rvet

I bought the HS Strut Chest pack last year.  49.99.   It is light weight and stows plenty of gear for an afternoon hunt or heading out to put one to bed.  Between it and my Ol Tom shirt I can carry all the essentials I need and a few extras.  The little bottom pouch stores a thermacell just right. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

hillbillyfab

I do like the forward opening lid on it, but 5 pounds?! Surely that's not correct?

Dtrkyman

Yeah no way it's 5lbs, I wouldn't even consider a 5lb vest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALLM2U

I sent them an email to ask about the weight.  I can't imagine that being correct, but I'll let you know what they say.