OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Holy Cow! TSS cost

Started by jhoward11, January 15, 2024, 01:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

Have you seen the price of TSS? Saw some 12g 3" 7-9 shot and they had a price of $69. Are you crazy or what? I'm not trying to start an argument, shoot what you like. $14 per shot is just unrealistic. Besides you have to sight in your gun, using these for the first time, which could take the whole box. No Thank You!!!

CALLM2U

Everything is expense.  Gas, eggs, utilities ect.  The best thing we can do is choose our leaders wisely. 

slave601

I usually don't complain much about the cost of hunting equipment but with the whole family hunting tss is costing me this year. I believe this will be the last year I buy. I hope to start loading my own shells this summer. Apex is just going to hurt my wallet this year .
"thinnin the flock"

PharmHunter

Quote from: slave601 on January 15, 2024, 02:16:10 PM
I usually don't complain much about the cost of hunting equipment but with the whole family hunting tss is costing me this year. I believe this will be the last year I buy. I hope to start loading my own shells this summer. Apex is just going to hurt my wallet this year .

You won't really save much money, but I do enjoy loading my own for sure.  Certain 2.75" 20ga loads save some shot and money, and are as deadly as deadly gets.  Have found there's no reason to even load 3" anymore.

cassga

FYI, Macks Prairie Wing has some of the Apex TSS loads available at good prices. Possibly leftover from last year. I bought a few more boxes since it looks like this years run has increased in price.

20 ga 1-5/8oz, #7.5 and #9, for $40.99/box
  20 ga 1-5/8oz Ninja, #8.5, for $39.99/box
  20 ga 1-5/8oz Small Town Blend for $43.00/box
  12 ga 2-1/4oz, 3" Small Town Blend for $45.99/box

turkey stew

Manufacturers are smart! They know the turkey hunting community  has gone crazy over their TSS loads. They will keep jacking up the price until people stop purchasing. I will continue to purchase regular turkey loads, call them in close, and give that old gobbler a fatal headache!

bbcoach

Check Rogers Sporting Goods.  Some good prices on turkey stuff and ammo.  I'll stick with my Hevi 13 7's myself.

OJR

I just bought enough Apex to get me through this season. So, I'm so broke I can't afford name brand mac and cheese for a few weeks.
I am seriously considering going back to Longbeard XR.

turkey stew

Hevi 13 6 shot or 7 shot will blast them!

Greg Massey

Bass Pro.. also has the Apex Ninja ....  A little cheaper...  Finding LB XR in 6's is pretty much impossible ...

Zobo

I never stopped with longbeard and I don't really see a need to upgrade. I know tss is better but if it ain't broke...
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkey stew on January 15, 2024, 05:04:25 PM
Hevi 13 6 shot or 7 shot will blast them!

I have 2 boxes of it but would like to have more to hunt with, I do not just want to shove something in the gun and head out, I want to sight in the last few shots, I start out with some lowbase stuff them move up to what I am going to shoot.

Quote from: Zobo on January 15, 2024, 06:31:21 PM
I never stopped with longbeard and I don't really see a need to upgrade. I know tss is better but if it ain't broke...
I want to stick with them but can't find the 1050's in #6's only the 1200FPS and my gun does not like them in that speed and hates #5's in any brand.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

Quote from: cassga on January 15, 2024, 02:52:09 PM
FYI, Macks Prairie Wing has some of the Apex TSS loads available at good prices. Possibly leftover from last year. I bought a few more boxes since it looks like this years run has increased in price.

20 ga 1-5/8oz, #7.5 and #9, for $40.99/box
  20 ga 1-5/8oz Ninja, #8.5, for $39.99/box
  20 ga 1-5/8oz Small Town Blend for $43.00/box
  12 ga 2-1/4oz, 3" Small Town Blend for $45.99/box
Thank you for that info.  I checked the Apex site and sure enough, they raised prices significantly over those listed there.  I was planning buying at the convention next month but your tip here saved me some money.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tnandy

I have no trouble tagging out while using Long Beards. Not as good as tss but no problems here. My ol Mossberg 835 with a Carlson choke works like a charm. Even they are high to me lol. But that's what I will keep using. To each his own ....

Kytomgetter

Yea they are ridiculous but as long as we keep buying them they'll go up