OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Harold Knight/Mark Prudhomme Video

Started by jcpainter27, January 14, 2024, 01:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpainter27

Fellas /Ladies,

I've attached a link below for those of you interested in watching Harold Knight and Mark Prudhomme's seminar from Unicoi this year. It's a good un'. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ShfGVsz1WZ0?si=kKasRW7RzDaGgpnM

Sir-diealot

Saved it to my desktop, thank you very much.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mtd69

two great callers and hunters for sure i went to their seminar at the nwtf last year lots of good tips

Tail Feathers

Thanks for that link.  I enjoyed watching that.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mountainhunter1

I really enjoyed talking with Mr. Harold on Friday and their seminar was a good one. I would love to have that quail whistle he broke out in their presentation.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

GobbleNut

Thanks for posting the link.  Great information and tips presented, although there were a few tips revealed that I would just as soon not have been.   ;D
Also, I could be wrong, but I bet there will be a few folks here that will probably want to debate some of those tips based on past discussions on OG...    ::) ;D

topnotch

Real disappointed in hearing Mr Knight's advice in a public setting. More on killing tactics than calling.

Lcmacd 58

PharmHunter

Quote from: topnotch on January 15, 2024, 10:02:44 AM
Real disappointed in hearing Mr Knight's advice in a public setting. More on killing tactics than calling.

He's just an honest ol turkey hunter, and whether we agree or disagree with all tactics there is a lot of good info and guys like him won't be around forever to share stories.  I enjoyed them in Nashville last year and enjoyed this as well. 

GobbleGitr

Thanks Josh-you do such a great job of capturing and sharing meaningful content from Unicoi!

Happy

Are corn trenches being brought up again? I didn't watch the video, so I am just guessing. When you are as good looking as me, you don't have to worry about having that killer image. Being a tennis coach in the spring is always an option.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on January 16, 2024, 06:30:28 AM
Are corn trenches being brought up again? I didn't watch the video, so I am just guessing. When you are as good looking as me, you don't have to worry about having that killer image. Being a tennis coach in the spring is always an option.

:TooFunny: :toothy12:  Just to satisfy your concern,...no, corn trenching was not brought up.  Your secrets are safe for now.   ;D
...And I will further assume you do not have any mirrors in your possession...   :toothy9:

eggshell

Harold comes from the old school Hillbilly Killing University....Son put that meat on the table, I ain't asking how you got it I'm just asking if we're eatin. I was raised in the same school, poor dirt farmers that relied on wild game as a meat source. Dad literally counted the shells and if you wasted shots you didn't get more shells. That philosophy is hard to deprogram from us old hillbillies. It was later in life I learned it was about the hunt and enjoying nature. The very first gobbler I ever shot at I crippled and when I got back to the house I told dad and he lit into me and asked what the h#ll you doing back here, go look for it. So he got the beagle and back we went to recover my bird. The dog tracked it up but it had enough life to get away from him and we did loose it. He informed me to learn my range and if I crippled another one he would take my gun away. I did not cripple the next one. I was like Harold, I had a 20 gauge pump I hunted grouse with and using grouse loads, probably 7.5 lead. Heck, no one turkey hunted I didn't know any better. The next one I shot at 16 yards, no cripple there. That was over 50 years ago. Never did I imagine turkey hunting becoming what it is today. I remember Harold was up in my area hunting one year and a buddy of mine was hosting him. There was one bird had given several hunters fits and Harold calmly said, "I'll give him a try". He killed him the next morning. Everyone raved on how great Harold was. He checked the bird at my station and as we talked my buddy was crowing about how great Harold was and Harold calmly said, "I ain't no better than any of you all, I was just different". I always remembered that comment. He touches on it in this talk, when what your doing has educated a bird, do something different. I don't agree with all his opinions but I always enjoyed listening to him.

Old Swamper

I could feel Mark cringing when Harold brought up 'fanning". To me, Harold showed his a## with what he said. I personally, lost all respect for him.   Thanks for the videos. I enjoy listening to Mark.

Jbird22

IMO, Harold's remarks on fanning were totally out of place at the show that's all about call makers and their calls. I suspect his opinion would have been much more well-received at the show in Nashville though.