OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite turkey hunting pants?

Started by Tail Feathers, January 01, 2024, 06:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brinkcalls

Chamois cotton mossy oak pants. Man I love them things. They've served me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnandy

I am back and forth between Ol Tom and some really thin Nomad. Both are great for 50 degrees and up.

Chad Gus715

I have several different pairs of Kuiu Attack pants, best all around hunting pants I've ever owned

gehring$17

I love my Sitka Traverse pants in subalpine in the early spring sprayed with permethrin. When it gets warmer I also have the Ol'Tom stretch light pants that have the knee pads. Only downside about the Ol'Tom pants are the knee pads because if you have hunting buddies like I do, you will probably be on the receiving end of many jokes about you "spending too much time on your knees?"

kwild835

First Lite corrugate foundry pants.  They are just my favorite all around hunting pant, the waterproof knee and butt, knee pads, and hip vents are awesome features.

Heritage

PalmettoRon

Kuiu Pro ---they fit well, the knee pads are a great asset and they don't fade. Like Sitka, they aren't cheap, but they are solid quality and have many years of life in them.

Will

Propper military BDU's. $29 and they last me quite awhile, years in fact. Deep side pockets to place hand warmers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wchadw

It's usually hot in ms so I really like the nomad stretch lite pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunNGunSC

Plan to wear Sitka Equinox in subalpine this season.  They are pretreated for ticks and seem lightweight yet very durable.  I also have the equinox hoody with built in face mask.

Shiloh

Ol Tom........lots of miles deer and turkey hunting and they have held up very well.  If it's cold then add sitka thermals.

Twowithone

Woodland BDU turkeys dont mind.     ;D
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Bingoman

Duluth flex canvas cargos in bottom land.  Some folks were up in arms about the pockets having Velcro closures, but they've been my go to pant for a few seasons now and I lovem.

shaman

I have been using 100% camo bibs for 20+ seasons.   I use the same for deer hunting.  I'm not particularly choosy about the camo pattern.  Before season, when I'm out scouting with the umbrella mic for the podcasts, I usually wear brown Carharts.

My demands on turkey clothing are rather light.   I'm usually hiking no more than a 1/2 mile one-way.  When I get to where I'm going, I'm usually sitting on a boat cushion.  Over 20+ seasons on the same 200 acres, I've pretty well figured out where the boogers roost and where they feed.  I don't have to do much except show up at the right place and the right time, and put my back to the tree.

If the temperature demands, I add poly-pro bottoms under the bibs.  If it is going to be below freezing, I add insulated bibs over the top.

None of these things are expensive.  I got the insulated bibs from Walmart for less than $50.   I  watch for close-outs on the cotton bibs.  I think I got my last pair for under $30.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

GobbleNut

Quote from: Bingoman on January 05, 2024, 04:30:14 PM
Duluth flex canvas cargos in bottom land.  Some folks were up in arms about the pockets having Velcro closures...

Velcro closures are both a bane and a boon.  I like them in that they keep things from falling out of pockets...but I hate them because, in a quiet woods, they seem so loud when being pulled open that I always feel like any turkey within a quarter-mile is going to hear it.  I'm not really sure that is the case and/or it is really an issue, but the thought has moved me away from using items with Velcro closures.  Instead, I just have the tendency to check my pockets at regular intervals to make sure I haven't lost something along the way.  ...That works at least PART of the time...   ;D

As for the noise problem, the same goes for pants/garments made of fabrics that are really noisy.  I have a vest that I really like the layout it has, but the fabric it is made of is so noisy, I just shy away from using it. 

As for my choice of pants, I am pretty much a "what's on sale and cheap" kinda guy.  I don't think I have paid over $30 for a pair of pants in my life, and in fact, two of the best pairs of camo pants I have ever owned I got off the clearance rack at the local "Supercenter" for $6 a pair.  Granted, I generally have to replace them every three or four years because of that suspect quality (and a seemingly ever-increasing waistline), but at the same time, when I do replace them, I can usually find "el cheapo" pants in the latest and greatest camo patterns (and the next size up) when I do.

...And we all know that to be a "real" turkey hunter, you need to be wearing the latest and greatest patterns to be taken seriously in the woods!   ;D :D