turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite turkey hunting pants?

Started by Tail Feathers, January 01, 2024, 06:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I need a new pair.  Have Ol Tom cotton and lightweight vestless pants and Mossy Oak cotton mill pants.  I need some that can get me from a 50 degree sunrise to an 85 degree afternoon. 
What are your favorites? 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BBR12

My favorite pants are the old tom tech stretch pants. Cool when it's hot out and a little stretch since I'm not as slim and young as I used to be. I hear people fuss about the quality but I've never had an issue with Ol' Tom stuff and I have had a good bit over the years.
The cats meow though is the Kuiu zip off wool thermals I have.  I'm cold natured and these are a light weight thermal that when it warms up just a little I can zip them off and throw them in my vest. With that combo I'm good down into the 30's as long as it's not an extremely long sit. Also light enough not to burn up on a long walk in.
The zip off thermals are one of my best purchases.

deerhunt1988

Kuiu Kutanas, hands down.

As BBR mentioned, their lightweight zip off bottoms are awesome too. I have both the merino and Peloton bottoms. The Kutanas + zip off option is pretty much all I wear from 40 degrees to 85.

Below 40 and I swith to the Kuiu Attacks. They are a tad heavier than the Kutanas.

bowbird87

Bowguy

I wear skinny jeans, they look great with my satchel. Sorry guys I couldn't resist hope no one minds

Remington700

I wore Nomad stretch lite pants all last year and was pleased.

Yoder409

I wear Rogers uninsulated bibs.

Spray 'em down with permethrin and tuck 'em into my snake boots for a tick-proof barrier up half way between my belt and my armpits.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

I love Kuiu attack, I wear them most all turkey and deer season, I only wear the kutanas when it hot all day!

mcw3734

My favorite are the summer-weight US Army surplus cargo pants in woodland camo. And I still prefer them for warm, dry days.

Last year I wore my Kuiu Pro pants a few times when it was cold and wet. I really liked them, especially the knee pads. They are in a solid color, but that didn't matter, especially with my camo leg gaiters on.

Bowguy

Quote from: mcw3734 on January 02, 2024, 12:10:07 AM
My favorite are the summer-weight US Army surplus cargo pants in woodland camo. And I still prefer them for warm, dry days.

Last year I wore my Kuiu Pro pants a few times when it was cold and wet. I really liked them, especially the knee pads. They are in a solid color, but that didn't matter, especially with my camo leg gaiters on.

I wear cargo pants in woodland as well. Often old and faded, we sit in the leaves wearing them. Prob the least important camo piece anyhow but no camo is really better than another turkey hunting. All about still

zelmo1

I wear the lightweight ellimatick pants with the lightweight hoodie. I know too many people that have Lyme's disease to take any chances. Plus I am a little bit of a sissy and they are really nice. Z

Tom007

I have luck with Ol' Tom in bottomland, and Under-Armour in Alpine Forest Camo. I treat all my clothes with Sawyer's Tick Spray, our woods is loaded with them in spring......
"Solo hunter"

aclawrence

I have worn a pair of Nomad Stretch Lite pants for the last 3 seasons or so. They have held up well for a lightweight pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jfowler82

Duluth fire hose pants in bottomland !