News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OMG - if all parents took this to heart, I'd be less busy

Started by sugarray, July 07, 2011, 04:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

TRKYHTR

We started taking our oldest child out to dinner when she was very young. Less than 1. We eventually had 3 children and would take all of them out to eat very frequently. You would not believe how many compliments we got from waitresses on how well our kids behaved. Yes Mom had the look and that was usually all it took for them to get back in line and if Dad got involved things went downhill in a hurry for them and they knew it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

That is so true. The problem only gets worse as the kid gets older. "The look" is for real with my wife as it was with my mother.

catdaddy

If I had ever told my daddy to shut up I'd still be walking funny.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: catdaddy on July 07, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
If I had ever told my daddy to shut up I'd still be walking funny.

I would add that I might still be talking funny as well... as in missing some teeth...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TRKYHTR

A little story about my Mom. WHen I was 5 I got a BB gun for Christmas. I loved that thing. I would lay under the tree in the back yard and kill sparrows for hours. Anyway, one day I was taking a walk with my BB gun and doing some plinking, when I spotted a cat. I hated cats. So I decided I was going to shoot this cat. BTW this red rider would arch a BB at 15 yards. Weel unbenounced to me the owner of the cat was standing at her kitchen window washing dishes when she saw me shoot at her cat. By the time I got home my Mom was on the phone with our neighbor. WHen she got off the phone she yelled at me to get in my room. Then she took my gun by the butt and smashed it in half. Then began beating me with the rest of the gun. After she was done she said those infamous words, "wait till your Dad gets home". It was a bad day for me and my BB gun.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TnTurk

My father had a cowboy belt with his name on it and I swear to this day I've got his name tattooed on my butt in several places.  Thank you Daddy.

mossy835

Started the daughters early on to show respect in public and at home. We lived near Carmel and Monterey Calif for a while and we could take them to any eating place and they knew how to behave. Now I never had to spank them just talked to them and they did not want that or misbehaving. They still make me proud.

busta biggun

Same here Mossy. My kids have always had to order their own food. They have to look the waitresses directly in the eye and speak loudly and clearly. They have to say yes sir and yes ma'am. The waitresses are always (sadly) blown away at their manners because nobody ever does that any more. They never get in trouble at school and win the "Character Counts" awards which are nominated by their classmates. They may not always behave perfectly but they know when to back down, apologize, and say "yes sir" if they do mess up.

P.S. They always know they are extremely loved little girls and we are very close, so all the people that told us our discipline would alienate our kids were just plain wrong!

gob09

Quote from: busta biggun on July 08, 2011, 01:12:14 PM
Same here Mossy. My kids have always had to order their own food. They have to look the waitresses directly in the eye and speak loudly and clearly. They have to say yes sir and yes ma'am. The waitresses are always (sadly) blown away at their manners because nobody ever does that any more. They never get in trouble at school and win the "Character Counts" awards which are nominated by their classmates. They may not always behave perfectly but they know when to back down, apologize, and say "yes sir" if they do mess up.

P.S. They always know they are extremely loved little girls and we are very close, so all the people that told us our discipline would alienate our kids were just plain wrong!
i like that... sounds alot like my little family we only have the one little girl but she is very well behaved still working on the looking people in the eye part she loves to go hunting and can sit still longer than i can

dpowers311

I also get compliments on how well my son acts. I was in a small gun shop and the owner stopped me before I left and told me what a well behaved young man I had and how nice it was.

When we were I the car me and my son had a conversation about how nice it was to hear that.

Dave

Tail Feathers

My kid was just named inmate of the week at county lockup! :TooFunny:

My 13 year old is in that serious smart alecky stage but she sure has never run wild like that.  Neither did her two older sisters. :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

customgunsocks

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 07, 2011, 10:53:05 PM
A little story about my Mom. WHen I was 5 I got a BB gun for Christmas. I loved that thing. I would lay under the tree in the back yard and kill sparrows for hours. Anyway, one day I was taking a walk with my BB gun and doing some plinking, when I spotted a cat. I hated cats. So I decided I was going to shoot this cat. BTW this red rider would arch a BB at 15 yards. Weel unbenounced to me the owner of the cat was standing at her kitchen window washing dishes when she saw me shoot at her cat. By the time I got home my Mom was on the phone with our neighbor. WHen she got off the phone she yelled at me to get in my room. Then she took my gun by the butt and smashed it in half. Then began beating me with the rest of the gun. After she was done she said those infamous words, "wait till your Dad gets home". It was a bad day for me and my BB gun.

TRKYHTR
Mine got wrapped arounf the telephone pole out front by my dad.

longspur

some of those brats grew up and got elected. How important is it?? I know some kids that get a spankin 2-3 times a day. If you got one from my mom and needed another within two years you have some serious mental issues.

customgunsocks

My mom used one of those leather straps that you sharpened your shaving straight razor on, you dont forget that any time too soon.