Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for 90s made 1187 (The search continues..)

Started by PoolGobbler, October 12, 2023, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoolGobbler

I've given up on the pawn shop quests to find a Special Purpose 1187 (Greenleaf, bottomland, trebark, etc.) Does anyone have one their willing to part with or point me in the right direction? Pm me if ya do. Really appreciate any help. Been looking for a while now. Not for a collection but to truly hunt with.

Chief Razor

magnum

I have seen them sell on Gunbroker for over 3k. I own one is why I watch them

Chief Razor

I personally wouldn't pay that that kind of money for one. If I found one in a pawn shop at a deal maybe but the prices these are going for at auction....no way!

Bowguy

Mine was made around 87 when they first came out. It's a SP model but not camo. It's good gun but even in camo not 3 grand good

TJR

Be patient and keep checking those pawn shops and used gun racks. I searched for years and one finally fell into my lap a couple years ago for a steal. Great gun but no way I'd pay gunbroker prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gman

Quote from: PoolGobbler on October 12, 2023, 03:04:13 PM
I've given up on the pawn shop quests to find a Special Purpose 1187 (Greenleaf, bottomland, trebark, etc.) Does anyone have one their willing to part with or point me in the right direction? Pm me if ya do. Really appreciate any help. Been looking for a while now. Not for a collection but to truly hunt with.

PM sent!

CALLM2U

In the mid 90s, my dad purchased an Advantage camo one for me and a regular Walnut/blued for him.  We just wanted them because they are rock solid guns.  My dad has passed on now, but I'm sure his mind would be blown at some of the prices these things are going for today. 

Gman

Quote from: PoolGobbler on October 12, 2023, 03:04:13 PM

If anyone knows this guy, Would you Please contact him & let him know that I know where there is a 12 gauge Remington 1187 Special Purpose for sale with multiple barrels. I have sent him a PM but he didn't respond back.  Thank You