OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May Lose My Foot

Started by Sir-diealot, October 05, 2023, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devastator

Hey man sorry to hear this for both of you,don't do forums much anymore,
think Im not far from ya,bout 25 miles south of Elmira

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Devastator on October 25, 2023, 08:46:22 PM
No not to far at all, I am roughly the same South of Elmira. Went to doctor today, skin is healing well but I still have what she refereed to as "Sausage toes" meaning they are still more swollen than they would like them to be. One of the hard parts since I have been home is making sure I take the antibiotics on a full stomach, I never eat at set times but try to take them at 9 and 9 but have to find things I can eat without having to cook in the morning as my diet is all meats, eggs and cheeses so I normally have my GF cook for me but with all she has been through I can't have her doing a lot of that so I am eating lots of pepperoni, and hunters sausage in the morning so I can take my pills and not get incredibly sick like I did over the weekend when I took them without eating. Lesson learned, the hard way, the only way I have ever seemed to learn. lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cut N Run

Keep healing, Man.  Feel better.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cut N Run on October 27, 2023, 08:26:27 AM
Keep healing, Man.  Feel better.

Jim
Will do, thanks.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

Steve, keep trending in a positive direction my friend. We are all pulling for you and your girlfriend. Best wishes for you both......
"Solo hunter"

aclawrence

Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 26, 2023, 11:59:58 PM
No not to far at all, I am roughly the same South of Elmira. Went to doctor today, skin is healing well but I still have what she refereed to as "Sausage toes" meaning they are still more swollen than they would like them to be. One of the hard parts since I have been home is making sure I take the antibiotics on a full stomach, I never eat at set times but try to take them at 9 and 9 but have to find things I can eat without having to cook in the morning as my diet is all meats, eggs and cheeses so I normally have my GF cook for me but with all she has been through I can't have her doing a lot of that so I am eating lots of pepperoni, and hunters sausage in the morning so I can take my pills and not get incredibly sick like I did over the weekend when I took them without eating. Lesson learned, the hard way, the only way I have ever seemed to learn. lol
Steve do you have a griddle? We did the carnivore diet a while back and an sticking pretty close to it now. The griddle is so easy to go cook bacon, eggs, and sausage on. You can do it all at the same time if you want to. Super easy to throw a steak on to.  I do 90 seconds on each side then melt some butter on and start doing 60 seconds back and forth in the butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on October 29, 2023, 06:45:50 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 26, 2023, 11:59:58 PM
Steve do you have a griddle? We did the carnivore diet a while back and an sticking pretty close to it now. The griddle is so easy to go cook bacon, eggs, and sausage on. You can do it all at the same time if you want to. Super easy to throw a steak on to.  I do 90 seconds on each side then melt some butter on and start doing 60 seconds back and forth in the butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I do, the electric is rather odd in this old house and I have to be careful to not blow a fuse in warmer weather as the A/C is always on. You can't run the A/C and the toaster or the fuse blows. Now that it is warmer I will use it more though. We cook in the crockpot A LOT.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

So I was able to put a sneaker on my left foot for the first time since September First,  kinda hurt at first and I didn't think I could keep it on long, I was able to keep it on about 3 hours though. I'm still on crutches when my left hand will let me use them. I was told the surgery unfortunately didn't really work though, I am not surprised, everything just went wrong is all. Toes are not much better if at all from when I had the surgery, if things had not gone as they did they would be much straighter. I had hopped it would help me hunt better and maybe get me out of the blind and back to the ground, maybe it still will, we will see. Still a lot better than when. I thought I would lose it, though.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

zelmo1

Good vibes and prayers to you Steve. I know you will beat this and be stronger for it brother. You guys are in our prayers, Z

Tom007

Keep the faith Steve, your moving in a positive direction.........
"Solo hunter"

Hoot 000

Good news, just now read about your foot. Good that you are getting better, hope for a full recovery.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on December 14, 2023, 05:46:09 AM
Good vibes and prayers to you Steve. I know you will beat this and be stronger for it brother. You guys are in our prayers, Z

Thanks bud. Kind of funny looking at the sneaker, I bought them two days before the surgery so it looks brand new and the other one looks not brand new. lol

Quote from: Tom007 on December 14, 2023, 06:09:21 AM
Keep the faith Steve, your moving in a positive direction.........

Thanks bud, always striving to.

Quote from: Hoot 000 on December 14, 2023, 10:09:21 AM
Good news, just now read about your foot. Good that you are getting better, hope for a full recovery.

Thanks guy, scary few days to be honest. Now just need to heal up in time for turkey season.

John Koenig:

Dr Juice

Turkeybutt

All good things come in time Steve. Keep the faith and stay positive brother!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Dr Juice on December 14, 2023, 08:37:54 PM
Best of luck to ya!

Thank you.

Quote from: Turkeybutt on December 15, 2023, 05:42:14 AM
All good things come in time Steve. Keep the faith and stay positive brother!

Thanks bud. You keep going as well.

John Koenig: