News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

May Lose My Foot

Started by Sir-diealot, October 05, 2023, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

Steve.

Sound like you have turned the corner and now are on your way to recovery. I always think I recover and heal faster an home. Now to get your GF over the hump or recovery and the world will be right

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on October 15, 2023, 01:56:52 PM
Steve.

Sound like you have turned the corner and now are on your way to recovery. I always think I recover and heal faster an home. Now to get your GF over the hump or recovery and the world will be right

Sure do how so! It is feeling better most of the time so long as I keep it elevated, if I don't I sure do feel it. I did a little cleaning in the living room last night, that made for an interesting time. lol I just couldn't stand looking at it anymore, it was not much, just all the boxes that got delivered when I was in the hospital had to be torn/broken down for recycling but that was enough to get the foot going for a bit. It will be a process of healing, the worst part of which is time.

My GF has already fallen back into bad habits, really frustrates me, I thought I had gotten all the temptation out of the house for her but I came upstairs from bring up a shower chair and got halfway across the house and smelled a cigarette, man I wish they would outlaw those things. Then she started up with caffeine in her energy drinks, and taking ibuprofen the three biggest things they told her not to do and she was doing them all inside half an hour of being home. To say I was not happy would be an understatement. She did flush the ibuprofen after which is good but I would rather see the smokes go.

I am so glad I quit and had an easy time doing it something like 14 years ago, I was a pack and a half to two pack a day smoker and just quit cold turkey, I have to thank God for that, with the lifestyle I led when I was young so many of my friends got addicted to what we were doing and I was able to walk away from all of them rather easily and I have seen some of them destroy their lives with them. Sure didn't do it on my own.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bwhana

Wishing you continued healing and hoping your gf gets on track with you!

Turkeybutt

Wish you all the best Steve. Keep us posted on how things are going for you.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bwhana on October 15, 2023, 03:48:01 PM
Wishing you continued healing and hoping your gf gets on track with you!
Thank you.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 15, 2023, 04:41:34 PM
Wish you all the best Steve. Keep us posted on how things are going for you.
Thanks, I have to be at doctor's office tomorrow at 9:00 to have the foot unwrapped and rewrapped. I will tell you I can't wait until I can take a shower, sponge baths just aren't as refreshing.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Looking much better today. A lot of that is just dead skin and old blood because I haven't been able to wash it.

John Koenig:

High plains drifter

Sir-diealot

Quote from: High plains drifter on October 17, 2023, 11:21:43 PM
Wishing you luck.
Thanks, looking much better though still sore. It will take time, I just want to be ready in time for spring turkey.

John Koenig:

Old Gobbler

Keep in good spirits and health ...prayers for you guys   :mycross:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Old Gobbler on October 18, 2023, 10:40:08 PM
Keep in good spirits and health ...prayers for you guys   :mycross:
Thank you much.

John Koenig:

Canadian

I'll send up a prayer right now brother.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Canadian on October 22, 2023, 09:02:19 PM
I'll send up a prayer right now brother.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
Thank you very much.

John Koenig:

Zobo

I am praying for you. No matter what you will always be an important voice on this great forum. You have always seemed like a really good person, very honest, never bragging, considerate, helpful. You're in my prayers.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Zobo on October 23, 2023, 05:30:22 PM
I am praying for you. No matter what you will always be an important voice on this great forum. You have always seemed like a really good person, very honest, never bragging, considerate, helpful. You're in my prayers.
Thank you very much for the compliments there appreciated and I feel the same of you. At this point things are looking pretty good for the foot I just have to use my head and continue to take my antibiotics and remember to eat something before I take the one, oh jeez did I wind up sick the other night because I didn't eat before taking them. I do think the middle toe will have to be done a third time though, it was looking good but with all that happened it is not looking good as far as being straight goes. No current sign of infection in any of them though which is a very good thing obviously. My girlfriend's being hard-headed when it comes to getting to her appointments, she's really needing help and it's more than I'm capable of doing, I simply lack the knowledge it's not physical need she's in need of it's education that I don't have, some more so than me keep her in your prayers please, I love her very much and don't want to lose her.

John Koenig: