OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May Lose My Foot

Started by Sir-diealot, October 05, 2023, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Joining everyone else in prayer. A wise man once told me there is opportunity in every tragedy. That foot has given you a lot of trouble, just maybe your better off without it. Heal up, get a prosthetic and go give those gobblers a work over. You got this brother, nothing is impossible with Jesus.

310 gauge

Steve it's usually darkest and coldest just before dawn and the Sun soon brings us much needed light and warmth. I pray the SON will bring y'all Light and Peace in the coming days and you have faith in His healing powers. Truly believe in your prayers and I hope in time your future will be brighter. 

Beards and Hooks

Praying for you Steve, hope everything turns out and your still able to chase these birds we love.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Praying for Gods will to be done in your life- He is always in control !

Brillo

Hey Bro, You have certainly been a long suffering man and I wish this was not happening to you.
Last spring I went bird hunting with a man who at sixty, lost his left leg to above the knee due to cancer.  He walked me into the ground.  Seven miles over rough terrain.  We were both hurting but happy too.  You are in a tough spot for sure but God has a plan for you and he can help you through.  I will be praying for you as you go through this tough time.  Warm regards to you.
God has a message for you in the Bible in Ecclesiastes 7:8-14

gobblers roost

God speed and will for you both.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

eggshell

Never, I say Never give up. If there is a will there is a way, but sometimes the way is different then we picture it. When our world is flipped upside down we often need some help, so accept the love and help of friends.

On the 5th of October 2009 I was shot through my left thigh with a broad-head and nearly bled to death. Late October a buddy hauled my lame body to a local farm and physically helped me onto a stump while he worked a bird to me and I killed a long beard. My wife said I was a complete idiot, but I disagree. In December I was able to walk about 100 yards with a cane on level ground and again a friend found me some birds working a field and I killed my second gobbler of the tragic fall. In September 2010 I fell and broke my right elbow and and tore the tricep off the bone and had to have surgery. I spent 13 weeks in either a cast or fixed motion brace. I learned to shoot left handed off a stick and after three misses killed my fall gobbler. I am not bragging I'm just giving you an example to encourage you to keep up the good fight. You've already fought so hard and should be proud of what you've done, so just reach a little deeper and know we're all cheering for you....

Sir-diealot

I had a long post typed out and then all of a sudden the screen went white and it lost it on me. Not going to type that all out again, took me an hour on this little cell phone. Anyway I still don't know what's going on they won't tell me.  One doctor makes me think there's a chance I could save my foot and another doctor makes me feel like there's no chance of saving my foot, I'm completely lost at this point  and aggravated, I just wish they would quit beating around the bush and tell me so I can brace myself for it. I am just worried about getting my GF to the store, laundry mat and so on and if she is even able yet, I don't want her to hurt herself, she is supposed to be in rehab for her aneurysm as it is. I am not feeling like much of a providing man right now and I don't want her hurt again because of me.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Thank you so much for all the well wishes by the way I wish I had my computer so I could type things better I have a real hard time with your cell phones and I'm using voice type and it messes up everything.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on October 07, 2023, 05:25:48 PM
Thank you so much for all the well wishes by the way I wish I had my computer so I could type things better I have a real hard time with your cell phones and I'm using voice type and it messes up everything.

God bless you Steve, we will all be here for you.......
"Solo hunter"

ALSpurhunter

Prayers sent from south Alabama. Put your faith and trust in God and all will work out.

Turkeybutt

Steve go with the doctors who think there is a chance to save your foot. Doctors don't know what they don't know until they try!
Lets keep hope alive!
Keep us posted.

Sir-diealot

Thanks guys. I have been very discouraged, not only because of the foot but being trapped in one room is driving my claustrophobia into hyperdrive. Luckily I have a wheelchair I can zip around in the hospital with, I would like to go outside but it has gotten kinda cool out and all I have with me are shorts and a T-shirt. That or a gown and there are parts you just don't want a frigid wind blowing up against.

John Koenig:

TrackeySauresRex

So sorry to hear of this, I haven't been around for a bit. Prayers for recovery, strength and healing my OG brother. :bible:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

dah

Prayers for you brother and I will pass the word around to others . You are not alone , God is Great .