turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

May Lose My Foot

Started by Sir-diealot, October 05, 2023, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

So things have gone very badly with my foot surgery, badly infected and into the bones. Doc came in this morning and advised me they are not sure they can save the foot and the way he said it I got the feeling there is no saving it.

Things just went all wrong after the surgery, Jane brain aneurysm meant I was on my feet constantly and there is just no room in a hospital room for using crutches so I was on the foot constantly. My GF doesn't know yet, a friend is going to the house to be with her when I call with the news.

I am fine with this if it happens, when we didn't know if she would live or not I told God he could take my foot if he let her live. I would pray the same again.

When I had my accident and couldn't hunt for 15 years I begged him for one mature tom and he gave me that, now I may never step into the woods again and I and still grateful for that turkey.

Say some prayers please, pray that God's will be done, not mine. Thank you. Please keep praying for Jane as well, my friend's going to my house today to be there when I tell her and I really worry about how she's going to take it, she's still not right from brain brain aneurysm.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

Sorry to hear that Steve! Let's hope for the best and they can save your foot.
I'm sure a ton of prayers will be said for you; not just from family and friends but from your Old Gobbler family as well.
Please keep us posted bud.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 05, 2023, 10:20:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Steve! Let's hope for the best and they can save your foot.
I'm sure a ton of prayers will be said for you; not just from family and friends but from your Old Gobbler family as well.
Please keep us posted bud.
Will do. Thanks.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

Prayers up.  You are a courageous soul.  I hope this goes well for you.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tal

3bailey3

Dang Steve so sorry to hear this, You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers!

2eagles

Man, I don't even know you, but my heart hurts for you. You have lots of people praying for you!

Gobbler428

Sorry to hear this Steve, please know that prayers are being sent for both of you.

OJR

Really sorry to hear that. We will be praying for you down here in Alabama.

Tom007

So sorry to hear this news. We all pray for you and Jane to get through this. God bless you both.....
"Solo hunter"

Paulmyr

Sorry for the bad news Steve. Don't give up on going to the woods. I grew up with a kid that lost his leg just below the knee when hopping trains. He played on the 9th grade baseball team. One game he got hit in the leg with a pitch.  It sounded like a baseball bat when it hit and the ball rolled to the shortstop. All the jaws dropped on the other team as this guy and our team laughed our butts off as he trotted to 1st base.

Don't give up and good Luck!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Greg Massey

Lot's of prayers for you both...  So Sorry... I agree with others I hope you keep your foot ... God Bless

NCL

Steve,

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Keep the faith and hopefully there will be a good medical response.

jhoward11

God's will be done for you Steve. Lots of new prosthetics out there to live somewhat of normal kind of life. If there is normal?? Up to you if you want back in the woods. Where there's a will, there's a way!

packmule