Main Menu

How is your fall season going?

Started by YoungGobbler, October 03, 2023, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGobbler

So, how is your fall season going? Did you started your season as you intended
to? Do you already have a deer down!? Just a little post to talk about hunting

Kylongspur88

Haven't been in the woods to hunt. Just running cameras and scouting. It was 90 here today so a little warm for deer hunting, at least for me. Temps dropping this weekend so I'll be in the woods with a bow. Not so much bow hunting but scouting for fall turkey which starts in a few weeks. Any shot at a deer is just a bonus. I've got some vacation coming in November to deer hunt.

Tom007

I'm starting next week. Temps dipping into low 50's during day, upper 30's at night.
"Solo hunter"

Badger

I went to Ohio to check cameras, work on a couple tree stand, clear some briar's, etc.  Too hot for me to hunt.  I had a doe a 3 fawns come within 40 yards.  Spots were gone.  But a week ago I saw a fawn with spots in PA.

eggshell

Our turkey season comesmin October 14th and then KY. October 28th. I don't deer hunt, but see plenty on my property.

nativeks

My place is dead until the end of october then there will be action through the end of deer season.

YoungGobbler

I'm starting deer tomorrow. Been baiting with apples since sept 1st (legal here) and there is a doe with a fawn that comes pretty regularly and last time I checked the cam there was one 4 point that came in the day around 5pm and in the night too. Tomorrow i'm setting 2 tree stands, check the cam and I decide wich stand I take. I have 6 days to hunt starting tomorrow... Let's see what happens.

Hook hanger

A fall long beard this morning with 1.25" spurs gets to meet the dinner plate shortly.

bbcoach

No season here in NC, but I see plenty of birds on our lease during deer season.  I hope NC doesn't start a fall season in the near future.  Our spring season is 5 weeks long with a 2 bird limit (beards only) and this is PLENTY in my opinion.

Dougas

Tagged out on turkeys in September. I have 2 rifle deer tags for the season that starts this Saturday the 7th.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Hook hanger on October 04, 2023, 05:46:07 PM
A fall long beard this morning with 1.25" spurs gets to meet the dinner plate shortly.
Sounds good  :icon_thumright:

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Dougas on October 04, 2023, 07:44:43 PM
Tagged out on turkeys in September. I have 2 rifle deer tags for the season that starts this Saturday the 7th.
I wish you the best for a second tagged out in a row  ;D

Turkeybutt

Congrats to all that have harvested a Fall bird.
Penna. Fall turkey season doesn't open until Oct 28th
but I have been out bow hunting for deer and as luck would have it I had 15 birds walk by my tree stand at 30 yards.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 05, 2023, 10:33:32 AM
Congrats to all that have harvested a Fall bird.
Penna. Fall turkey season doesn't open until Oct 28th
but I have been out bow hunting for deer and as luck would have it I had 15 birds walk by my tree stand at 30 yards.
Same thing here, fall turkey season opens 28th of october.
Still fun to see 15 turkey... Altough it's much better to see them when the season is open ;D

Dougas

Quote from: YoungGobbler on October 04, 2023, 09:38:07 PM
Quote from: Dougas on October 04, 2023, 07:44:43 PM
I wish you the best for a second tagged out in a row  ;D

Thank you.
My grandson is hunting with me this year, so, he will hopefully get his first deer.