OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old / Older Callers

Started by Greg Massey, September 29, 2023, 10:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Anyone have a link for us non book of faces folks?

Yoder409

Quote from: EZ on September 29, 2023, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on September 29, 2023, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: crow on September 29, 2023, 11:38:28 AM
Last year a very nice trumpet for sound/air draw changed. A stinkbug had crawled up inside partially blocking air-draw and sound

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: This would only happen to you, you have got to stop leaving your callers in tal garage ...  :TooFunny:

A "stink bug baffle"!!!! Hmmmm....the wheels are turning  ;D

I smell smoke.    :toothy9:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

davisd9

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 29, 2023, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on September 29, 2023, 03:49:30 PM
I am sure like anything if not taken care of then issues can arises. Most are made of woods and environmental issues can cause problems without proper care. Renaissance Wax protects calls outside and mineral oil inside.

How are you putting mineral oil on the inside of the wood trumpets ... Care to tell us ?

Drop a few drops in end of barrel and let it run down and around. Turn it up on a towel and let excess run out. Wipe excess with cloth. Read it somewhere one time.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Quote from: davisd9 on September 29, 2023, 08:00:43 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on September 29, 2023, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on September 29, 2023, 03:49:30 PM
I am sure like anything if not taken care of then issues can arises. Most are made of woods and environmental issues can cause problems without proper care. Renaissance Wax protects calls outside and mineral oil inside.

How are you putting mineral oil on the inside of the wood trumpets ... Care to tell us ?

Drop a few drops in end of barrel and let it run down and around. Turn it up on a towel and let excess run out. Wipe excess with cloth. Read it somewhere one time.
Thanks

crow

Quote from: Yoder409 on September 29, 2023, 02:18:32 PM
Last year a very nice trumpet for sound/air draw changed. A stinkbug had crawled up inside partially blocking air-draw and sound

What did you notice first ??  The change in draw ??  The change in sound ??  Or the change in taste ???

it was the air draw, no smell at all, he was in his winter hibernation

crow

Quote from: EZ on September 29, 2023, 02:43:00 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on September 29, 2023, 01:46:28 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: This would only happen to you, you have got to stop leaving your callers in tal garage ...  :TooFunny:

go with a locust, really adds to the rasp

A "stink bug baffle"!!!! Hmmmm....the wheels are turning  ;D

TurkinTone

Quote from: Bedge7767 on September 29, 2023, 05:01:52 PM
He didn't use metal threads in that call. He turned the ivory to fit and he was just checking the threads of the ivory.

Nailed it.

Tarheel

Quote from: Bedge7767 on September 29, 2023, 05:01:52 PM
He didn't use metal threads in that call. He turned the ivory to fit and he was just checking the threads of the ivory.

This......