OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Velvet Muzzleloader Muley

Started by Tom007, September 16, 2023, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Every few years my brother invites me hunting in Colorado. I drew a tag for Mule deer with a muzzleloader. I never hunted Mule Deer. It really was a unique experience. I hunted 3 days, and learned their habits and unique behavior. On the fourth day, I spotted this buck bedded at 7:30 am. I started my stalk working my way through sage, pinion brush, and Colorado scrub. At 10:00, I got within 50 yards. He finally stood up quartering away and the smoke pole lit up. I was fortunate to place a perfect shot right behind the shoulder. I never thought I would have this opportunity, I thank my dear brother for the invite. A bond between us, I will never forget.
Thanks for listening......
"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

Congratulations!  Nice buck and sounds like a fun hunt. :you_rock:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

joey46

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

Congrats on a fun hunt, nice stalk and buck.

Greg Massey

Awesome, Awesome and congrats on a fine mule deer my friend ....

Turkeybutt

Congratulations on a nice buck and a awesome hunt.
Memories for a lifetime!
Thanks for sharing.

Tom007

Thanks so much. Me and my bro have fun times together for sure........
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Glad you had a great experience hunting mule deer, Tom.  Congrats.
My other passion besides spring gobbler hunting is pursuing big mule deer bucks...most often with a muzzleloader, as well. 

Tom007

Quote from: GobbleNut on September 17, 2023, 09:13:12 AM
Glad you had a great experience hunting mule deer, Tom.  Congrats.
My other passion besides spring gobbler hunting is pursuing big mule deer bucks...most often with a muzzleloader, as well.

Thank you sir. Yes, stalking them with open sights keeps it up close and personal. Be safe my friend....
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Dougas

Very nice, congrats. A memorable hunt for sure.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Awesome job Tom, congratulations again, I was hoping you would post up story! I hope your getting him mounted!?! Special hunt with your brother and velvet is in great shape!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Badger

Congrats on a nice Muley. Glad you and your brother had loads of fun and made some great memories.  I had planned a few years back for a Mule deer hunt in Colorado and now my hunting partner is 80 and said he would not go with me.  I have 18 points for Mule Deer.  Looks like a ton of fun.