Started by YoungGobbler, August 30, 2023, 09:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGobbler

Nice Son N Father hunt  :icon_thumright: Best partners duo  :icon_thumright:

squidd

Quote from: Paulmyr on September 02, 2023, 11:11:22 AM
A little luck this morning!

Nice strap and faithful friend!

Saw first flight of BWT last night which had me more excited than the 10' gator I was trying to hook!!

Paulmyr

They're heading your way! Seen about 50 on a local pond in the neighborhood that has been void of ducks all summer. The guy harvesting wild rice by the cabin in north central Mn said he's been seeing a lot of the little ducks! Haven't been able to get out this weekend as I been working on getting the replacement to the old timer in the pic over a touch of gun shyness and getting her introduced to birds. Wish I could get her out on the ducks but she's just not ready yet.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

WildTigerTrout

My first hunt will be the same as every fall.  A nice quiet stroll in the woods carrying a favorite 22 or maybe even a 17 HM2 and busting gray squirrels.
I have hunted them for over 50 years and never tire of it.  Kind of like hunting turkeys as I never tire of that either.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

YoungGobbler

I finally went hunting and I got a nice male spruce grouse. My last one was 2 years ago as they are more rare than ruffed grouse.

joey46

Squirrel. Been that way for 60 years.  Old .22 Remington if I want some.  The T/C .32 muzzleloader if just scaring them. 

Notsoyoungturk

Pheasants, South Dakota, October 6-9.  Then, mix of deer, quail and ducks.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

YoungGobbler

Went hunting again this friday and got 4 grouse and 1 spruce grouse, which completed my daily limit of 5.