News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What will be your first hunt this fall?

Started by YoungGobbler, August 30, 2023, 09:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Gus715

WV Flopper

Squirrel, deer, bear, rabbit then turkey in the spring. I will hold off on the squirrel until mid October. We have alot of warbles around here and I am not eating those squirrels so will wait until after a frost or two before I go.

Hopefully a grouse or two falls in-between the bear and rabbit.

Hook hanger

September 1st will be shooting some doves then Sept  15th will target some long beards with the bow then Oct 1st some turkeys with shotgun Nov will  be ducks and deer

eggshell

Doves September 1st then turkey in mid October. Ohio and Kentucky for turkeys

quavers59

October 1st in New York is the Pheasant  Season Opener.
     CACKLE- CACKLE--- BOOM!!

JeffC

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 30, 2023, 02:29:28 PM
Quote from: Happy on August 30, 2023, 01:30:14 PM
Whatever runs out into the road in front of me next.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Happy, fresh road kill can be mighty tasty...  As long as the buzzards don't find it first ... LOL...  Hey and if you didn't kill it, it's free and cheap meat for the taking ... LOL
I am sure Happy has a recipe for BUZZARD...  :TooFunny: 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

captpete

Deer with a bow. Opens Oct. 1st, but the way things are going I'll be lucky to get out before Halloween. Started a complete gut & remodel of the kitchen this week. Hoping to be done by the 1st of October. When we are done with the kitchen the wife wants the grandkids to come stay at least one, if not two weekends. Heck, I don't even the crossbow completely sighted in or any treestands put up yet. :'( :'(

Prospector

Deer archery Oct. Love to bow hunt. Considerable percentage of our red meat consumption is venison annually. Still put spring Turkey first but do enjoy getting a shot at a big ol doe time to time.....
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

Sir-diealot

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6:30 do you have surgery on my foot having three four hammer toes fixed they're cutting off a piece of bone and replacing it with an artificial piece soooo no hunting for me this fall. Best to luck to all of you though.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Dtrkyman

Archery Bear, starts tomorrow.  Did not draw any elk tags so figure I would try otc bear.

Brinkcalls

Bear hunting. Baits are out. Unless... there's a field with 100 geese in it... I'd probably go for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nativeks

I plant a dove field every year. Been a bunch in it. Waiting on my brother to get here this morning.

GobbleNut

The only thing on the immediate horizon are perhaps some half-hearted attempts at dove hunting and the early teal season.  However, it has been so dry this summer here that both of those will probably be more of the "taking my shotguns out for a walk" sort-of outings.  Until the last of October, my time mostly will be alternating between scouting for mule deer and fishing.

There are other species of big game here that I would LIKE to be hunting, but nowadays all of them are allotted through drawings with astronomical odds, so I rarely get to pursue and of them anymore.  If you live in a state where over-the-counter tags are still the norm,...pause here to thank your lucky stars!

nativeks

Brother and I had a good hunt this morning to start the fall off. It exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

YoungGobbler

Quote from: GobbleNut on September 01, 2023, 08:47:16 AM
The only thing on the immediate horizon are perhaps some half-hearted attempts at dove hunting and the early teal season.  However, it has been so dry this summer here that both of those will probably be more of the "taking my shotguns out for a walk" sort-of outings.  Until the last of October, my time mostly will be alternating between scouting for mule deer and fishing.

There are other species of big game here that I would LIKE to be hunting, but nowadays all of them are allotted through drawings with astronomical odds, so I rarely get to pursue and of them anymore.  If you live in a state where over-the-counter tags are still the norm,...pause here to thank your lucky stars!
I would like to take my shotgun for some half hearted hunt me too  ;D  There is crows that I could go 'hunting' while scouting for fall turkey... And soon there will be early geese season that will start... But once again, it would be more of a take my shotgun out for a walk...
I wish you a good prepapration for mule deer... They must be very nice to hunt.
You're right about the over-counter tags... Here it's all available simply over the counter... It is a luck. And to add to that, I have places to go hunting for free... What a luck, I sure can thank my lucky star...
But with hunting, it sometimes feel like the grass is always greener on the other side... For exemple, here I read guys saying they are planning to kill a few deers this fall to fill the freezer... While me on the other side, even though I am a very passionnate hunter, I have never killed a deer  ;D  So I say sometimes we have to just enjoy what we have and be gratefull for it.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an