OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Still gobbling in PA

Started by Yoder409, August 06, 2023, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Went out the door yesterday AM to head for breakfast.  About 6:35-ish.  As soon as I stepped out on to the porch I was greeted by a gobble from the fog-drenched field beside the house.  I yelped back (poorly) with my voice and he hit it.  So I went back in and grabbed the first yelper I came to and played with him for a minute or so.   I've half a notion to camo up some morning and see how hard he wants to play. 

Latest I've ever called a gobbling bird to me was July 31st.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TauntoHawk

I have heard alot of gobbling in fall and winter but I'm not in the woods much in the summer where I'm not on a tractor or making noise. I can say I have had 2 different people tell they've seen Tom's breading hens and flushed hens off nests in late June and early July this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WV Flopper

LOL..  catches me off guard when I hear it. Three weeks ago I heard three gobble while I was in my garden. First time, I thought man, I have turkeys on the brain. Next time two Jake's lit it up at the end of the Toms gobble. They sounded as if they were all together just 300 yards from the house.

Have heard turkeys here from my garden pretty much every year but none as late as those. It's usually June when I hear them.

joeturkey

4 th of July in Potter county Pa they would wake you up and I've killed a lot of gobbling birds in the fall in PA.

ferocious calls

My birds have been very vocal the last week or so. Doesn't take much to set them off the past week or so. Some roost talk as well. Lots of strutting, all day sometimes.