OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF CONVENTION 2024

Started by WW, July 19, 2023, 12:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

Who's going and how much is the entry fee for non members?

strut-n-rut

Planning on it.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: WW on July 19, 2023, 12:20:25 PM
They have you sign up for a $35 year membership to get in, but almost always have had a $25 Bass Pro Gift card to give you when you do so.

joey46

And there is a Bass Pro within walking distance.

Happy

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 19, 2023, 02:38:04 PM
They have you sign up for a $35 year membership to get in, but almost always have had a $25 Bass Pro Gift card to give you when you do so.
If that ain't a money racket, then I don't know what is. One of several reasons why I will never go.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tal

It's gotten that way. There was a time but not anymore. I spent all my time in the call room last year. A few call makers skipped last year, and that's the best part

Greg Massey

It's a good place to see some of your call builder friends and maybe pickup a call or 2...  I agree with tal the call room is a good place to spend your time ....I guess you could say money racket, but what an't anymore .... LOL... Nothing cheap anymore ....IMO

ol bob

I've had more fun at one Unicoi show than the 20 years that I went to the NWTF conventions put together, and its free,

Tail Feathers

Just reserved our room and opened OG and here this thread pops up on top.  Good timing.

I'll be the guy in the ballcap, say hi if you see me there.   :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

PharmHunter

Will be going again.  In general if you have a bad time in Nashville it's your own fault.  Lots of friends and industry friends and gatherings usually make it a ball for us, and I'm looking forward to it again.

Gooserbat

Just remember that when you're there check out the vendors.  A lot of us are small businesses and when a 10x20 booth is $2300 and then we factor in the cost of goods, hotels, eats and expenses of having  3-4 staffers there it's important to have a good show.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mikejd

Quote from: Happy on July 19, 2023, 03:18:46 PM
If that ain't a money racket, then I don't know what is. One of several reasons why I will never go.

I dont see how its a money racket. Is basically free to go to a great show with days worth of endless things to see. And you get the subscription. Its a no brainer and a great time.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: mikejd on July 20, 2023, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: Happy on July 19, 2023, 03:18:46 PM
Definitely worth the cost.  The $10 net admission cost (after BassPro gift card) is the cheapest part of it all.  But it's a fun trip and I'm looking forward to it.

I dont see how its a money racket. Is basically free to go to a great show with days worth of endless things to see. And you get the subscription. Its a no brainer and a great time.

I agree.  It's well worth the $10 net admission price. (After the BassPro gift card).  The contests, the exhibits and opportunity to see and shop it all is worth the trip.  The people you meet are great but it's crowded so visiting is limited most of the time.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tal

Quote from: Gooserbat on July 20, 2023, 05:02:37 PM
Just remember that when you're there check out the vendors.  A lot of us are small businesses and when a 10x20 booth is $2300 and then we factor in the cost of goods, hotels, eats and expenses of having  3-4 staffers there it's important to have a good show.
I'm all for that. I missed a couple of call makers last year when they separated the calls from the  main convention floor and priced them out of a table. Like Massey said, it's all about the turkeys. I won't be signing up for Mongolian sheep hunts. Just talking with EZ, Hamon, Ellis, and others made it worth the trip. Gooserbat I'll make an effort to say hi.

ChiefBubba

I reserved the room but not sure if I can go. Bubba