turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida Welcoming Committee

Started by joey46, July 14, 2023, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAPTJJ

Guess this up close and personal sighting doesn't count, LOL.

joey46

I've got that picture and wanted to post it. Couldn't find it. Thanks.  It was bugging me. From memory that isn't a game camera picture but was taken by a guy set up 20yards away. Might even have been an archer.Have you noticed they have quota turkey hunts in what is called a Panther Refuge section off 29.  I didn't apply. Forgot ::)

Yoder409

Just tell the rednecks those pythons make good BBQ and they'll clean 'em up.   :toothy9:

When I was down chasing Osceolas a couple years back, I was actually HOPING to find one.  But I guess I wasn't far enough south.  Only 2 snakes I saw were of the non-toothy and non-constricting.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

joeturkey

Hey Joey by insulting a member on this site it's against the rules you need to apologize to me for your vulgar remarks for saying bite me it's not acceptable.

joey46

Quote from: Yoder409 on July 14, 2023, 09:40:43 PM
Just tell the rednecks those pythons make good BBQ and they'll clean 'em up.   :toothy9:

When I was down chasing Osceolas a couple years back, I was actually HOPING to find one.  But I guess I wasn't far enough south.  Only 2 snakes I saw were of the non-toothy and non-constricting.
Guy on floridaoutdoorforums.com had a link to buy wallets and several other items made from python skins.  Pricey but pretty neat. That forum looking for new blood. Give it a look.

Yoder409

Quote from: joey46 on July 15, 2023, 06:55:23 PM
Guy on floridaoutdoorforums.com had a link to buy wallets and several other items made from python skins.  Pricey but pretty neat. That forum looking for new blood. Give it a look.

I thought I heard recently that Florida Outdoor forums had closed up shop.   ???
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

joey46

The long running Florida Sportsman site did fold. 
A decent replacement for Florida info is:
floridaoutdoorforums.com
Mostly the same crowd, very little moderation, free to say what you want. Not for the thin skinned.
Python gear posted in General Hunting under Record Setter.

roberthyman14

Quote from: CAPTJJ on July 14, 2023, 08:10:51 PM

It would look good on the wall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

joey46

roberthyman14

CAPTJJ

Quote from: roberthyman14 on July 15, 2023, 10:17:07 PM

Well, I don't look good in handcuffs so I opted to take a picture. Florida panthers are a protected species.

joey46

I had a feeling that was you CAPTJJ.  The thought it was an archer's picture stuck in my mind.  That picture has been around a long time.  Almost thought I first saw it posted on the old NWTF form.  About a zillion guys downloaded it at the time.  I've seen it pop up on multiple forums over the years.
Protected is an understatement.  The last time I heard of a panther poaching from the Collier County area the reward started at $5,000. There are a few black bears down in that general area also usually making themselves known when they raid a trash can.  This is one crazy state.  LOL. :anim_25:

ChiefBubba

Quote from: joey46 on July 14, 2023, 04:53:28 PM
Lol.  The most excitement I get is bobcats stalking my Funky Chicken.  Been to BC several times.  Almost too old for the area.  Nothing I've seen that doesn't require some exertion to access.  Lots of exertion.  I have one GPS on my Garmin that I've named "2far".  I skip that one.

You kill a bird in Big Cypress or South Glades on foot you've done something and can brag. Bubba

ChiefBubba

Quote from: aclawrence on July 14, 2023, 04:57:33 PM
Those freaking pythons are a major problem.  They have decimated the smaller mammal population. God help our turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to a guy in the local BassPro the other day that has a camp down there. Say's the only game left is a few Turkey's and lots of bears. Bubba

ChiefBubba

Quote from: CAPTJJ on July 16, 2023, 03:25:42 AM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on July 15, 2023, 10:17:07 PM

Well, I don't look good in handcuffs so I opted to take a picture. Florida panthers are a protected species.

After all the Monkey science the Government has put into them now they're just plain ole Cougars. No different then any other big cat. Probably no different then the cougars in Texas. Which they trapped and released here. Bubba