OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Florida Welcoming Committee

Started by joey46, July 14, 2023, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

A new record was set this week in the Big Cypress National Preserve.  This area is a favorite destination for a multitude of non residents every March to chase the wiley Osceola. A 19 foot Burmese Python was just caught in the preserve.  A new record. Will take run and gunning to a new level.  A constricter this size might discourage napping under a Cypress tree.  This was this group of snake hunters 49th Python. When THP hunted BC they got a quick picture of a panther on an episode. A 20 foot snake would be a topper Eek!  This area is over 600,000 acres so I'm not pimping out a secret spot. Good luck this spring. :OGturkeyhead:

crow

Well thanks, that used to be my favorite snake hunting spot

600,000 acres is really nothing for secret python spots

JeffC

20'snakes , water moccasins , alligators, fire ants, hurricanes every other month, 90 plus degree ocean water, and new Cuba (Miami)...keep it all down there...
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

joey46

Lol. Sounds like you aren't looking for the Grand Slam. :fud:

JeffC

think I read that she had some 60 eggs in her. How long ago did that hurricane set all those pythons lose?? and how far north have they been found??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Turkeybutt

Well that seals the deal. No Grand Slam for me!
A 19 foot Burmese python!  Add to the mix an abundance of Pygmy Rattlesnakes, Eastern Diamondbacks, Coral Snakes, Eastern Copperheads, Water Moccasins plus Alligators.
I'd be shooting every snake I seen and would never get a turkey to come in.

joey46

Lol.  The most excitement I get is bobcats stalking my Funky Chicken.  Been to BC several times.  Almost too old for the area.  Nothing I've seen that doesn't require some exertion to access.  Lots of exertion.  I have one GPS on my Garmin that I've named "2far".  I skip that one.

aclawrence

Those freaking pythons are a major problem.  They have decimated the smaller mammal population. God help our turkeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Actually some claim they have so decimated the raccoons, skunks, and other egg eaters that they may have helped.  Differing opinions on that and they don't belong there.

Tom007

Thank god I got my Osceola, I don't care for snakes! Wow!
"Solo hunter"

joeturkey

Hey Joey maybe some of those python might grab some Ebiker on there way to those secret osceola spots??

Greg Massey

I wonder if the person who caught the python was using a decoy?  :newmascot: or maybe reaping  :newmascot:

joey46

Quote from: joeturkey on July 14, 2023, 06:44:58 PM
Hey Joey maybe some of those python might grab some Ebiker on there way to those secret osceola spots??
Probably spit them out as too woozy and candy assed (Joe and I have a history that included him sending a threatening PM). He claims to be 82. I'm 76.  We could sell tickets to that fight. Bite me Joe.
Of course add LOL and put you on my ignore list.  Again.

joey46

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 14, 2023, 06:47:17 PM
I wonder if the person who caught the python was using a decoy?  :newmascot: or maybe reaping  :newmascot:
Not if they were real cool guys. Lol.

Greg Massey

Quote from: joey46 on July 14, 2023, 07:32:48 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on July 14, 2023, 06:47:17 PM
Not if they were real cool guys. Lol.
:TooFunny: