North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mississippi turkey poachers busted in Illinois, used thermal and rifle

Started by deerhunt1988, July 12, 2023, 07:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on July 13, 2023, 05:27:22 PM
Absolutely you can. However, using words like inteligenter, strategerization, and superfluis creates the image of a well traveled, learned, and astute man who should not be trifled with. This approach got me to where I am today.
X2 .... Tell it like it is happy ....

joey46

Happy

Gravity had nothing to do with my rise position to Head Sanitation Engineer good sir. As a matter of fact, gravity is the exact opposite of rise.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

Happy, if you do have gravitas let me know.   I think I still have some of that ointment the Doctor prescribed for me when I had it.  Cleared it right up.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tal

joey46

Quote from: guesswho on July 13, 2023, 06:51:56 PM
Happy, if you do have gravitas let me know.   I think I still have some of that ointment the Doctor prescribed for me when I had it.  Cleared it right up.

I'll bet you never had it.  Probably misdiagnosed. With gravitas you either have it for life or never had it in the first place.  The ointment was obviously a placebo. Don't fall for it Happy.

Happy

I occasionally sip on a clear liquid that comes in mason jars. It's been said to cure everything from dixlexia to hammmertoe. I think I will be ok.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Howieg

I've honestly witnessed a few young fellas from down here pretty much sale there soul , just to be labeled
A turkey " killa" .  It's really sad to say the least !

Shiloh

I need to know what to do to be labeled a killa.  I don't have any thermal equipment, but if that's what it takes jsut PM me

Shiloh

nativeks

Dont forget about these fine Missisippi folks
https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/the-largest-wild-turkey-poaching-arrest-in-history

I also prosecuted a father/son team from the Natchez area for tresspassing and shooting a bird.

Game Warden says in this area its Arkansas #1 and Mississippi #2 for violations. Yall must be raising them right in the bible belt.

Chaser

"The 15 people charged racked up about $100,000 worth of fines between them, with Kenneth, the ring leader, charged with $37,354 of it. He was also banned from hunting or fishing for 5 years. Others in the ring were banned for 2-4 years. Several of the co-conspirators charged were spouses to the poachers; they were picking up and dropping off."

If they aren't banned from hunting and fishing in those states for life, then they should be banned until they pay off every cent of their fines.  None of this $5 a month crap!  :angry9:
"I remember the gobblers that eluded my best efforts far better than those that I bagged, and I am sure I learned more from them." Earl Groves (from the book TOM FOOLERY 2000)

Howieg

Quote from: nativeks on July 23, 2023, 12:10:19 AM
Dont forget about these fine Missisippi folks
https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/the-largest-wild-turkey-poaching-arrest-in-history

I also prosecuted a father/son team from the Natchez area for tresspassing and shooting a bird.

Game Warden says in this area its Arkansas #1 and Mississippi #2 for violations. Yall must be raising them right in the bible belt.
I live in the area mentioned, but the difference in me and those fellow " Bible Belt" members is the fact that my mom taught me the " Bible " and my dad often used his " Belt " !!