OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This Forums' Direction

Started by joey46, July 10, 2023, 02:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

This forum is fine.  It is overrun with so many - my way or the highway post.  I'll continue to take an alternate view and use a decoy if I feel like it, always use TSS and do other things apparently no longer acceptable to the cool guys who think they can ban their way back to the glory days of the 1990s.  Won't happen but give it your best shot (lead loads only please).

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: joey46 on July 18, 2023, 02:21:44 PM
This forum is fine.  It is overrun with so many - my way or the highway post.  I'll continue to take an alternate view and use a decoy if I feel like it, always use TSS and do other things apparently no longer acceptable to the cool guys who think they can ban their way back to the glory days of the 1990s.  Won't happen but give it your best shot (lead loads only please).

Just opinions, hoping common sense and checks & balances are involved as we continue to progress forward.  If turkeys were an infinite resource, no big deal.  In reality, that's not the case.  I don't think those with questions and concerns are the "cool guys" in this scenario.  Just my OPINION. 

bwhana

Quote from: eggshell on July 17, 2023, 08:46:19 PM
Ok Now I have egg on my face. I searched those coordinates as an IP and it came back to a local server. I owe you an apology bwhanna. I'm man enough to admit I made a mistake, I'm sorry. I wondered how you got that through a proxy VPN and I have no idea why it warned me someone had accessed my location. Still if you ever come to southern Ohio, good luck.
All good, just having some fun and taking the thread "down under" a bit!

Sir-diealot

Great place with some great people and a ton to be learned. There are some that want to do nothing but argue, stir the pot and build their own ego but most are good people.

I have not been one of the good people since December when my sister died, I know I have not been the easiest to get along with since she died here or "in real life? as it is said and I am sorry for that, I am not dealing with it well at all and I am sorry if I have been a jerk to any of you, it is a reason I have been staying away a lot lately.

One thing I do think has hurt the site was Covid, we got an influx of people and for the most part not the good kind though we have picked up some good ones for sure. Many just want to ruin the word games by being perverts, want to start up subjects that they know will cause problems and they go out of their way to word them in a way that will get people going and so on. Also some that caused problems in the sales page.

All that said I still enjoy being here and the vast majority of the members here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

joey46

Sorry about your sister. RIP. 
This would be one boring place if everybody is a yes man.  I'm more than good with giving an alternate opinion on this population crisis and will continue to do so. I'm good until some nitwit sends me threatening PMs. I'll then watch all his post like a circling buzzard.  These forums do attract all the good, the bad and the ugly.

Turkeybutt

Words of wisdom.
Those that stir the pot should be required to lick the spoon!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: joey46 on July 19, 2023, 10:43:30 AM
Sorry about your sister. RIP. 
This would be one boring place if everybody is a yes man.  I'm more than good with giving an alternate opinion on this population crisis and will continue to do so. I'm good until some nitwit sends me threatening PMs. I'll then watch all his post like a circling buzzard.  These forums do attract all the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 19, 2023, 07:07:32 AM
Great place with some great people and a ton to be learned. There are some that want to do nothing but argue, stir the pot and build their own ego but most are good people.

I have not been one of the good people since December when my sister died, I know I have not been the easiest to get along with since she died here or "in real life? as it is said and I am sorry for that, I am not dealing with it well at all and I am sorry if I have been a jerk to any of you, it is a reason I have been staying away a lot lately.

One thing I do think has hurt the site was Covid, we got an influx of people and for the most part not the good kind though we have picked up some good ones for sure. Many just want to ruin the word games by being perverts, want to start up subjects that they know will cause problems and they go out of their way to word them in a way that will get people going and so on. Also some that caused problems in the sales page.

All that said I still enjoy being here and the vast majority of the members here.

Steve, so sorry to hear about your sister. You are and always will be a quality contributor and good friend to this forum. You are the first to help our new members with picture posting, and you are always willing to help with anyones needs.  You helped me learn to load photos on the site and have always been a welcome mat for new members. Glad to have you Steve, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on July 19, 2023, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 19, 2023, 07:07:32 AM

Steve, so sorry to hear about your sister. You are and always will be a quality contributor and good friend to this forum. You are the first to help our new members with picture posting, and you are always willing to help with anyones needs.  You helped me learn to load photos on the site and have always been a welcome mat for new members. Glad to have you Steve, be safe.....
Thank you very much Tom.

John Koenig:

TurkeyReaper69

Well,

If anyone recalls I wrote up a post about 2 weeks ago and it was removed within 12 hours because I committed the ultimate sin of calling out America's favorite camo company for price gouging their vests, and calling out the guy who made cigars and leafy suits famous.

That was disappointing as I'm sure many folks would've enjoyed engaging in that thread.

Guess this forum is now an echo chambe, a place to discuss 4th of July meals, summer vacations, and comment on the 3 word story thread.

Greg Massey

ALL threads that are removed from this forum are made by Shannon and no one else... You can message him and i'm sure he will discuss his reasons for deleting any posts / post on this forum. Everyone has to remember, it's Shannon's forum and he gives us the opportunity to enjoy it and follow his rules..

zelmo1

Look around the internet for a better forum of basically like minded individuals. I havent seen one. Bottom line here is that we all enjoy turkey hunting, forget the regional differences and opinions, that has never changed. Someone raised in New England cannot understand the ways of the MIdwest or the South, and why does anybody think being different or disagreeing is not good or "hateful", lol. If we all agreed on every topic then what a boring unlearning world we would be living in. Take each post for what it is, agree or not as long as it isnt personal or threatening and is within the rules of this forum, who cares what someone elses opinion is. Its theirs, not yours. Enjoy your life, enjoy turkeys and please be at pesce with yourself, thats when fringe crap wont bother you.  :z-twocents: :z-twocents: God Bless, I am going on vacation for 2 weeks, lol. Z

Muzzy61

Over all great forum. Helpful members with loads of entertaining banter. It's gotten a little more confrontational than before, but heck I came here from AcheryTalk were it's always a zoo.....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

deerhunt1988

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on July 20, 2023, 11:19:26 PM
Well,

If anyone recalls I wrote up a post about 2 weeks ago and it was removed within 12 hours because I committed the ultimate sin of calling out America's favorite camo company for price gouging their vests, and calling out the guy who made cigars and leafy suits famous.

That was disappointing as I'm sure many folks would've enjoyed engaging in that thread.

Guess this forum is now an echo chambe, a place to discuss 4th of July meals, summer vacations, and comment on the 3 word story thread.

If there's one thing i've learned over my past two decades of turkey hunting....
DO NOT cast the slightest negative commentary towards the camo company. And god forbid you say anything negative about someone exploiting our public land resources! Especially if they have prior wildlife violations that almost resulted in Lacey Act felony charges!

deerhunt1988

On another note. We got some grumpy old men on here who fit the 'epitome' of a grumpy old man.