turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Good Are You

Started by Turkeybutt, July 09, 2023, 04:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Awesome thread.  What about this thing. I found this in my papas farm a long time ago. My grandparents had passed away and I didn't have anyone that I could ask about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

That is very interesting but I have no idea. I'm going to put those photos on my phone and show some of my older Amish friends to see if they have any idea what that is or was used for.

aclawrence

Quote from: Turkeybutt on July 09, 2023, 06:36:11 PM
That is very interesting but I have no idea. I'm going to put those photos on my phone and show some of my older Amish friends to see if they have any idea what that is or was used for.
Thanks. It was obviously some kind of wheel off of something farming or gardening related but I'd love to know exactly what if anyone recognizes it. I think someone said something about a corn something or another one time but I can't remember.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Ranman on July 09, 2023, 12:24:29 PM
I'll play..

I am just scanning through looking at the pictures and have not read all the responses, but I worked a many a day in the tobacco fields in and around the tobacco capital of the world, Fuquay Varina, North Carolina - and that looks like an old cutter. A man has not lived until he has had a nicotine headache that usually lasted two to five days when putting tobacco up.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Paulmyr

Quote from: aclawrence on July 09, 2023, 06:41:43 PM
Thanks. It was obviously some kind of wheel off of something farming or gardening related but I'd love to know exactly what if anyone recognizes it. I think someone said something about a corn something or another one time but I can't remember.

I'm not going for the wheel idea, both of them deals sticking out the side aren't centered.  Maybe some type of gear or agitator?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Notsoyoungturk

This is a tool from my great grandfather's shop.  It was hand made for a specific purpose.  I think you will be able to guess the function by the design.  Big points if you can guess the business for which he used it.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

3bailey3

this is a pic of the back, not a buckle, looks like it was stapled to a strap maybe.

3bailey3

yes they are glass insulators but not fake, off my Grandfathers back porch from the 60's but I might try some whiskey out of one of them but it won't be a cheap one!

Zobo

What's this?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

aclawrence

Quote from: Paulmyr on July 09, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
Quote from: aclawrence on July 09, 2023, 06:41:43 PM

I'm not going for the wheel idea, both of them deals sticking out the side aren't centered.  Maybe some type of gear or agitator?
I agree. Gear is what I was thinking I just said wheel.

Ranman

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on July 09, 2023, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: Ranman on July 09, 2023, 12:24:29 PM
I'll play..

I am just scanning through looking at the pictures and have not read all the responses, but I worked a many a day in the tobacco fields in and around the tobacco capital of the world, Fuquay Varina, North Carolina - and that looks like an old cutter. A man has not lived until he has had a nicotine headache that usually lasted two to five days when putting tobacco up.
Correct

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on July 09, 2023, 07:21:10 PM
This is a tool from my great grandfather's shop.  It was hand made for a specific purpose.  I think you will be able to guess the function by the design.  Big points if you can guess the business for which he used it.
Fencing staple puller?  My first thought was horse shoeing but I wouldn't see why it would need the curved part on the end.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

crow

Quote from: Zobo on July 09, 2023, 08:01:10 PM
What's this?

This is an illegal snood stretcher, and that's why the snood length measurement was dropped from the NWTF record book qualification

Marc

Anyone?  Anyone???  Bueller???
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tal

Quote from: crow on July 09, 2023, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: Zobo on July 09, 2023, 08:01:10 PM
What's this?

This is an illegal snood stretcher, and that's why the snood length measurement was dropped from the NWTF record book qualification
:TooFunny: