OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Good Are You

Started by Turkeybutt, July 09, 2023, 04:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Quote from: Turkeybutt on July 09, 2023, 12:06:36 PM
Okay I know its a gold ring and I took the liberty of photo-shopping out the words that ran around the outside of the ring as it would give it away. I know its over 50 years old or older.
So looking at the ring itself what is it?

They used to put these as a prize in Quaker Oats boxes years ago, this is a sculpture of the 2 Quaker brothers that started the business

Ranman

Patterned December 1, 1914. Never researched the worth, but has a lot of sentimental value. 

Happy

Well, Pope don't look too young in that engraving. That's all I got to say about that.  Still think it looks like General Robert E Lee.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

3bailey3

Heck I don't even know what it is, found turkey hunting in a big field! about 10 miles from the battle of Raymond!

Happy

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 09, 2023, 03:04:43 PM
Heck I don't even know what it is, found turkey hunting in a big field! about 10 miles from the battle of Raymond!

Experimental ninja throwing star. Utilized by the Union army in 1862. Think it was scrapped at the same time the two cannonballs tethered together with chain was. Apparently, timing the firing correctly was a bit dicey. One side was bound to touch it off on the two count instead of three for some odd reason.

Tom007

I'd get that checked out! That's a relic for sure...
"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Quote from Happy "Experimental ninja throwing star. Utilized by the Union army in 1862. Think it was scrapped at the same time the two cannonballs tethered together with chain was. Apparently, timing the firing correctly was a bit dicey. One side was bound to touch it off on the two count instead of three for some odd reason".

There is something seriously wrong with Happy!
I think with some Group Therapy, Industrial Strength Drugs and some Electrical Shock Therapy...... Happy might be able to resume his place as somewhat of a contributing member of this forum. 

Happy

Electrical shock therapy is the cause of all of this. Worked as an electrician for 16 years, and I am still involved in it.

3bailey3

What about these two, Happy should be a easy one for you.

Turkeybutt

Crow! You are just as bad a Happy! You two related?

crow

Quote from: Turkeybutt on July 09, 2023, 05:17:52 PM

No but I am much better looking than him

Greg Massey

Quote from: crow on July 09, 2023, 05:53:43 PM
Quote from: Turkeybutt on July 09, 2023, 05:17:52 PM

No but I am much better looking than him
Now children ... I'm better looking than the two of you ... LOL....

Happy

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 09, 2023, 05:14:23 PM

Easy, fancy shot glasses for cheap whiskey. They are modeled off of overhead line insulators. Each dimple is worth roughly 5k volts. Or in whiskey terms a shot. Overload it, and there will be a short circuit to ground in both instances.

Tom007

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 09, 2023, 05:14:23 PM

Electric Line Glass Insulators.....
"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Tom007 on July 09, 2023, 03:59:05 PM

I'd get that checked out! That's a relic for sure...
My first thought was civil war belt buckle.  But most photos I find of those showed oval buckles. But the lettering is very similar. Maybe a buckle, maybe something off a saddle or a bag?

Love to hunt the King of Spring!