OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Good Are You

Started by Turkeybutt, July 09, 2023, 04:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Juvenile? Yes I am. I will even take irascible. Just don't call me a nitwit!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

You guys have me rolling on the floor .... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

crow

Quote from: Turkeybutt on July 25, 2023, 04:10:25 PM
Please! I enjoy a good laugh as much as anybody and the three of you always give me a chuckle or two when reading your remarks.
I know everyone was kidding and I didn't think anything of it, but I had to add some type of rebuttal. I thought it was cleaver of me to call the three of you ( You, Happy and Tal) juveniles. LOL
At the end of the day we here at OG are family.......maybe dysfunctional and somewhat delusional but we are still family!
Your friend who has an Arisaka is correct it is rare to find one with the dust cover as most Japanese soldiers tossed them away.
Did you happen to notice if the rifle still had the chrysanthemum seal still on the top of the receiver?

knew you were kidding, seen it right off, not enough dirt pilgrim.

yes it has the chrysanthemums on it, he said they threw the cover away because it rattled, too noisy for war

Happy

I think a fellow would be making it pretty clear he was serious if he showed up to duck camp with that apparatus duct taped to his benneli

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Quote from: Happy on July 25, 2023, 05:03:38 PM
I think a fellow would be making it pretty clear he was serious if he showed up to duck camp with that apparatus duct taped to his benneli

The trick when using it for duck hunting is to wait til most of the heads are up and not under water looking for the corn!

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Turkeybutt

The rifle was stamped on the receiver with a sixteen-petal chrysanthemum. The chrysanthemum stamp showed the rifle was manufactured for the Imperial Japanese Army and therefore belonged to the Emperor.
The Japanese felt that surrendering a rifle bearing that mark showed "disrepect" to their "Emperor"; therefore, rifles which were surrendered as part of an agreement were normally "demilled" by having the mums ground off. A rifle with a grounded off crest meant it was a turned in rifle, unground meant a captured rifle from the field.
You can still find rifle's with the chrysanthemum on the receiver but they bring a higher price.

tal

crow if you can skin a Griz I have a chore to take care of, I'll be right back...  :TooFunny:  Don't be jumping up in a blizzard.

crow

Quote from: tal on July 25, 2023, 10:16:48 PM
crow if you can skin a Griz I have a chore to take care of, I'll be right back...  :TooFunny:  Don't be jumping up in a blizzard.

I have skinned a number of blackbear, but never a grizz. I was froze to a rubber poncho once laying on the ground in the goose decoys in a snowstorm, wish I was that young again

There is a pretty good pod cast of old liver eatin Johnston on youtube--- on Wild West extravaganza

Turkeybutt

I have! A Griz, Black bear and a Polar bear.... Oh wait; that was at Build a Bear .... Sorry!
:TooFunny:

crow

a polar bear fell on me and I didn't see nothing.